Chapter 23: Play It Cool

Chapter 23

Play It Cool
-----------------------------------
O'Shae

"Come on in here with me O'Shae." One of the officers instructed. I got up from my seat and headed into another room with him.

Dink, Bria, and Corina all have went to questioning and now I guess it's my turn. I already figured out what type of approach I was going to take with this that was going to put all of this in Aug's favor. I'm just praying everyone else can think the same way.

I sat down in the chair across from the detective and he smiled at me as he opened a folder with my picture paper clipped to it. I have never in my life been arrested or in any situation with the law, but I know exactly how this is going to go. Gina was a lawyer before she started getting sick and we watch a lot of detective shows with one and other so I know how this questioning stuff goes, and as long as I keep my cool I think I'll be able to handle this.

"So state your name and date of birth for me, just for the record." He explained as he dropped a tape recorder onto the table.

I nodded, and began to recite all of my information. "O'Shae Naomi Harris. November 3rd, 1996."

"Good, now O'Shae let me start with this, how do you know both Raheem Kelly and August Alsina?"

I know my relationship with the both of them is going to have whatever I say look suspicious, but it is what it is. "Uhm Raheem is my ex-boyfriend, and August is my current."

"Okay, so can you tell me what transpired between you and Ms.Nova?" He asked referring to Corina.

I folded my hands in front of me on the table. I have to keep my movements looking not too nervous, and not too chill. I can't afford to mess this up; for Aug's sake.

"Well her, a friend of mine, and my cousin all were coming over for a movie night. Corina's phone was blowing up, and we basically asked her to put it on silence which caused her to have some attitude with me. We got in an argument, and that's when I found out that she was talking to Raheem."

"Okay, and what happened after you found that out. I assume you were angry right? Hurt that your best friend has betrayed you by getting with your ex. That had some type of affect on you, does it not?" He asked.

Red flag one. With that question he wants me to admit to being angry so then they can flip this on me somehow, but little do they know I see right through the bullshit. They don't know I've got too much riding on this to mess it up with little questions like that.

"Of course it had an affect, but I wasn't upset. Raheem is no prize won, and no prize lost. Not for me and not for her. She was more upset with me than I was with her because she took this chance to let all her anger out on me."

"Let her anger out on you, How so?"

"She just started telling me why she betrayed me basically and it was all a jealousy thing." I explained.

He went on with a series of unnecessary questions before he tried to do the usual detective thing, and run me in circles with the questions to see if anything I said would change up. I hadn't changed a single thing and was keeping up with his little game as good as he was throwing out the questions. Soon the both of us got sick of running in circles, and he started asking the questions that I've been waiting for.

"So you say this was an act of self defense on your boyfriends part, correct?" He asked as he wrote something else on the notepad.

"Correct."

He looked up at me, and I was staring right back. He's been trying to throw me off with the intense icy stares, but it's just not working. "So what type of threat did Mr.Kelly pose towards you or any of the other parties involved?"