Chapter Seventeen

Day Seven
Morning

God, Cole was screwed.

He couldn't take his eyes of Allison.

She looked fucking unreal.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to ignore her when she looked that good. And if he couldn't ignore her, he couldn't act like everything was all right.

But honestly, that effort might be useless by this point. Cole wasn't sure if there was anyone left who didn't realize what was going on by this point. But as far as he knew, Scarlett and Nate didn't know. He had to keep it that way.

Everyone gathered into the room they were instructed to wait in while Nate and Scarlett did their first look. The group gathered by the window to watch, peering over each other to get a glimpse. Everyone watched quietly, as if speaking too loudly would ruin the moment. Cole snuck a glance at Alli, feeling a surge in his chest at the smile on her face.

Her dress was the same color as the rest of the bridal party, with the exception of Lila. They were wearing emerald green dresses, all in various styles. Lila wore a champagne colored dress. Since she was the maid of honor, Scarlett wanted to make sure she stood out in the photos. The green complimented Alli really well. He always loved her in green. It matched her eyes. It hugged her body perfectly. Her hair was loosely curled with a few pieces pinned back. She just... she looked so damn beautiful.

Cole watched as his sister walked towards her fiancé and he felt his heart swell with joy. She looked beautiful. She was in a satin white dress that dipped down in a V formation in the front. The back was low as well with a bit of a train behind her, small buttons trailing down the back. Her veil was lined in pearls, trailing behind her with her train. She tapped Nate's shoulder, straightening her back as she prepared for him to turn around.

Nate turned, his face instantly scrunching slightly as tears brimmed his eyes. He pulled his lips in before bursting out into the biggest smile Cole had ever seen. Letting out a watery laugh, Cole could hear Nate say, "You look so beautiful. God, you're so beautiful."

Scarlett let out a joyous laugh, reaching forward and taking Nate's hands. "You... you look so handsome."

Nate took a step further, cupping her face in his hands. "I- oh my god, you're a dream."

Cole smiled fondly at the interaction, taking a step back to let them have their moment. He headed over to where there were some cups of water, turning around to look at the group by the window. Noticing Allison walking towards him, he stood a little straighter and offered her a tight smile. She sucked in a breath as she waved stiffly.

Part of him wished they hashed things out prior to the wedding, but it wasn't like there was much time. Cole didn't even know how he felt yet about everything. It didn't help that he didn't know how Alli felt about it all either. This wasn't the time to start the conversation for obvious reasons. The air between them felt heavy with uncertainty.

"Hey," Allison greeted unsurely.

Cole swallowed. "Hi."

Allison's jaw tensed as she debated what to say. She opened her mouth to speak but was cutoff by the photographer. "All right, family! Let's do some group photos. We'll do brides family first."

Cole let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, placing a hand on Alli's back as he led them over. She seemed plagued with thoughts, and Cole felt the sudden need to know everything going in her head. While he didn't know with certainty what he wanted, Cole could only cling to the hope he didn't blow his chances completely. Even though things were a mess, he wasn't ready to give up. He hoped that his reaction didn't close that door for them.

Just for Nowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें