Chapter 2

(A/N: I'm taking a boxing class and omg it's a lot lol 😮‍💨 it's fun tho so that's good- anyways, I hope you enjoy <3)

*Mentions of abuse*

The next morning I woke up to beer bottles shattering on the ground. 'Oh fuck-' I thought to myself as I slowly got up from my resting place.

"DENKI!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" My father bellowed out as more glass smashed into the ground. I flinched at the yelling and sighed, taking a moment before I went to face him.

I slowly walked downstairs and saw him, his eyes were practically burning with fury as he saw me.

"Where the fuck were you yesterday?" He seethed as he gripped his belt that I hadn't noticed until this moment.

"At school." I answered meekly, keeping my eyes down and hoping his anger would subside if I gave short answers.

"But you were late." He continued as he stalked closer to me. I felt my body tense naturally as I awaited his beating. He got really close to me before speaking again. "You're SOOO smart, right? You don't need to stay after for help, so Where. Were. You?"

"I had to stay after sir, my teacher made me." I said, keeping my voice steady to not show him how scared I was. He sees fear as weakness so the beating only gets worse.

He stayed silent after that, seemingly in thought. His focus then snapped right back to me and I saw him raise his arm, he hit me across the face with the belt in a quick motion. I tried my best to hold back a yelp of pain and surprise when I heard something.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Someone was at the door.

The sound of the doorbell ringing and the knocking halted all of his movements. He glared at me sharply, telling me with his eyes to stay put as he set the belt down and walked to the door.

"Hello sir, we got some noise complaints from the neighbors. Is everything alright in there?" I heard as someone's voice filled the otherwise quiet apartment.

"Everything's just fine. Who are you anyway, you don't look like an officer?" When I heard my father say this, I got curious. I shuffled over to the door quietly and caught sight of a man, he was dressed in black with long black hair. He seemed extremely exhausted and he had a scarf looking thing wrapped around his neck. It took me a moment but I recognized him as a underground hero, specifically Eraserhead.

After my mom had died, pro heroes became one of the things I despised, especially All Might and Endeavor. A lot of them just did it for the money and fame that comes along with it. In my hate towards them I learned about underground heroes. They were the ones that truly cared about civilians and their safety not the money or fame that comes with being in the limelight.

During my vast research into the underground heroes, there wasn't much information as they liked to stay out of the public's eye, I found out about Eraserhead. He was freaking awesome and his combat skills were great.

I find myself staring at the one and only Eraserhead in awe. He seems to feel my eyes on him and turns his head slightly in my direction, noticing me immediately. I then remember that I wasn't supposed to move so I looked at my dad to see if he noticed. When I realize he hadn't, I quickly slipped back into the shadows and made my way back to where I was before.

"Is there anyone here with you?" Eraserhead asked after a brief pause.

"Nope, I'm here alone currently." My father said, lying through his teeth.

"Do you mind if I look around then?" Eraserhead questioned as I heard him take a step forward.

"What the fuck man?! Of course I do, get the hell out of here!" My father shouted as he started to fight him. I snickered to myself quietly, knowing how this would end.

I heard muffled grunts and a few crashes before Eraserhead called out to me.

"I know you're in there, it's safe. You can come on out now, kid." He said. I hesitantly walked out, making sure to know how to escape if I needed to.

"You little bitch!! I'm going to fucking kill you!" My father shouted from his place as he was wrapped up in the scarf. I flinched slightly because I could tell how pissed off he was. It looked like he was struggling to try and get out of the capture gear but it didn't look like he would manage to do that anytime soon.

"I'm going to take you into the station kid, do you have any relatives?" He sighed as he questioned me to which I shook my head.

"Ok then." He said simply before walking out, motioning me to follow him.

The police station wasn't a far walk away thankfully and Eraserhead helped me file a report, from the looks of it my father was going to jail for a long time.

"Ok kid, you're done here. I need to turn you into CPS and they'll handle it from here." He explained to me. I stayed silent during this and started to think.

'What if I got placed into a home worse than the one before? I can't live like this anymore.' I thought as I took in my surroundings fully.

As I debated what I should do, I noticed Eraserhead wasn't paying attention to me anymore. He was a few feet away with me, chatting with one of the officers. I took this chance and sprinted as fast as I could away and onto the crowded sidewalk outside, thankfully dodging his capture gear and getting lost in the sea of people around me.

After walking a few blocks, I decided to slip into an alleyway to try and conceal myself in the shadows. The bustle of people slowly died down and I was able to calm down.

I had gotten away safely but I wasn't sure what I could do now. I had nothing and I hated stealing from people.

I needed to figure this out quickly if I was going to be able to survive out here.