Chapter 4

It took about 20 minutes to get to his house. The walk was silent and I couldn't tell if it was awkward or just normal. I didn't have anything to talk about anyway so I stayed silent and focused on our surroundings as we walked.

We soon arrived to a nice sized house, it was two stories and had a nice look to it. The guy I was with swiftly threw the door open and took off his shoes, leaving them by the door.

"Hey old hag!! Get down here!" He yelled which had startled me as I hadn't seen it coming.

"What now you little brat?!" I heard a woman's voice yell back.

"Just come here!" The male replied as I slowly took off my shoes and stepped inside behind him. He closed the door and looked back just in time to see a woman walking down the stairs.

"It's late, what do you want?" She questioned. She looked just like him, ruby red eyes and spiky blonde hair. It was almost uncanny how similar they looked, this had to be his mother.

She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me.

"Who is that?" She asked, her voice becoming quieter as she realized it wasn't just him in the house.

"He needs help, can he stay with us?" The male asked without giving too much about my situation away. His voice seemed to soften a bit too. She thought about it for a bit before nodding hesitantly.

"I guess. What's your name sweetie?" She questioned me as she came closer.

"Um- I'm Denki Kaminari." I answered her quietly as I shook her hand.

"Well it's nice to meet you! I'm Mitsuki Bakugou!" She stated proudly. "And that brat right there is my son." She finished, looking over to him.

"Tch, I'm Katsuki Bakugou." He said as he finally introduced himself.

"How long do you think you're going to stay with us honey?" She asked me as her eyes shifted back and forth from me to Bakugou.

"I'm not sure-" I answered sheepishly. I still couldn't believe this was happening.

"Well, stay as long as you'd like. And if you need anything let me know!" She said. "Now then, I'm headed to bed. You boys figure everything else out. Tomorrow you'll meet my husband and we'll talk about this a bit more." She said with a soft smile.

I was nervous but I decided that they weren't going to harm me so I smiled back slightly before waving at her as she left.

"So you can sleep on the couch if you'd like or I can put another mattress in my room and you can sleep in there with me. It's up to you, whatever works." Bakugou had said as he walked forward more into the house.

"Mattress is fine if it's not too much trouble." I replied as I followed him around like a lost puppy. He nodded his head at my response and headed up the stairs. We walked to a door that was at the end of the hall and he opened it, revealing a clean and organized room. His walls were covered in various posters and he had a bookcase with some decorations settled on it.

"Just give me a second and I'll get everything ready for you." He said to me as he walked out of the room again, and walking back in shortly after with a blowup mattress and some sheets along with other stuff I'd need.

I helped him set everything up and by the time we had finished it was around midnight, meaning both of us were tired and ready to sleep. He had provided me with clothes to change into and let me take a shower. It had been a while since I've taken one so I stayed in there, just basking in the warmth of the water running down my body.

When I finished, I quickly brushed my teeth, with an extra toothbrush that he had found conveniently placed in his cabinet, and walked back into Bakugou's room.

He had fallen asleep so I made sure I was silent when moving around. The light was already turned off so I got settled into my makeshift bed and tried to go to sleep.

This for me wasn't easy, I had a hard time sleeping in unfamiliar places and trusting new people, especially while I was in a vulnerable situation. This had come from years of abuse but deep down I knew Bakugou wouldn't hurt me so I tried my best to calm my mind. Eventually drifting off into a light slumber.