Chapter 5

I was startled awake but yelling coming from downstairs. I sat up quickly and took in my surroundings. 'Where am I?!' I thought. As I was freaking out about the yelling coming from downstairs I heard footsteps approach the door.

"Hey kiddo. Are you up?" I heard a quiet male voice question as soft knocking filled the room. I then remember that I was staying at Bakugou's house and in his room.

I breathed a sigh of relief at the realization and slowly went to open the door. I was met face-to-face with a tall male that had brown hair and brown eyes. He was smiling at me as he backed up a bit from the door.

"I'm Masaru Bakugou! Would you like to come downstairs with me? Katsuki made some breakfast." He said as he shook me hand. I nodded to him sleepily as I was still tired and followed him down the stairs.

We made it to the dining room and I saw a bunch of food spread across the table.

"Hey Kaminari, how'd you sleep?" Bakugou questioned me as I sat down next to him.

"Pretty well." I answered simply as Mitsuki handed me a plate.

"Ok kid, pile up some food. Take as much as you want." She said to me as she sat down as well.

I ate quickly, not wanting to take too long, as Mitsuki and Bakugou started fighting again. It seemed like all the duo knew how to do was argue with each other. I looked over to Masaru and saw him smiling at the others antics. It was nice to see a loving dad care about his family.

Eventually we all finished eating and I offered to do the dishes.

"Not happening." Mitsuki said sternly as she cleared the plates. "You can make yourself at home honey, don't feel the need to do stuff for us." She said as she smiled fondly at me. "Katsuki! You should do the dishes." She said cheerily as he groaned.

"Fine!" He shouted from across the room. I giggled slightly at this and took a seat at one of the stools by the counter. Shortly after Bakugou started, Masaru came back into the room.

"Can you come with me real quick, I just wanna talk to you." He asked me as I looked over at him.

"Uh yeah sure." I answered and followed him into the living room where Mitsuki was already seated.

"Sit wherever you feel comfortable." She said. I nodded and took a spot on the floor close to her. I honestly really liked to sit on the floor, it was just as comfortable as sitting on a chair to me.

"Ok, we just want to ask you some questions. You don't have to answer all of them, just tell us when you want to stop." Having sensed my discomfort Masaru continued. "We won't get mad if that's what you're worried about, I promise. We will respect your boundaries." He finished.

"Ok, you can go ahead." I told them as I relaxed a bit. 'I can trust them.' I kept telling myself.

"Firstly I want to know how you and Kat came across each other." Mitsuki asked curiously. I tensed slightly at this before telling her the truth. I wasn't going to lie to them, that'd just make it worse. She seemed slightly upset when I finished but I didn't feel like it was directed towards me so that made me feel better.

"What are you doing on the streets anyway?" Masaru chimed in.

"Well, short answer is my dad is in prison and my mom is no longer with us." I answered with slight sadness in my eyes. Even after all this time it still hurt.

"Can I hug you?" Mitsuki asked softly. I nodded and she shuffled over to me quickly, wrapping me in her arms tightly.

"I'm so sorry, nobody should have to deal with that at such a young age." She said as she continued to hug me. She was really warm and it felt comforting to be hugged. I can't even remember the last time I was given a hug.

After a few moments I heard footsteps approaching where we were. Mitsuki let go as I turned my head, watching as Bakugou walked in and took a seat next to his dad. I saw them whispering to each other before Bakugou turned to look at me with wide eyes.

"Did he hurt you?" He questioned as he stared at me. Mitsuki ended up sending him a glare and sitting beside me as she rubbed my back in a comforting manner.

"Yeah, it wasn't anything too bad though." I answered honestly as I turned my head to the ground. I heard something crackling and I looked up confused before realizing that Bakugou's palms were sparking.

"Hey, calm down." Masaru said from beside him. I could tell he was angry too but he kept it hidden better than Bakugou.

The questions continued for a little while longer before they came to the last one.

"Would you like to stay with us indefinitely?" Mitsuki asked. I was surprised as she continued. "You can go to school with Katsuki and live here. You can be apart of our family if you'd like." She said as both Masaru and Bakugou looked at me, eagerly waiting for my answer.

"Yes, I would love to. I don't want to intrude on your lives though." I replied as I felt Mitsuki hug me again.

"Honey, we would love to have you join our family." She said sincerely as she squeezed me tightly. When she said that I felt tears coming to my eyes. I was actually wanted?

For one of the first times in my life, I had felt loved in the arms of someone who I could consider my mom.