Chapter 3

It has been a few weeks since I've started living on the streets. It wasn't all that difficult to live out here, you just needed to be stealthy and fast.

During my time living out here I also met more kids, granted they were all older than me, but they wanted to help. Whenever I was struggling or wanted a hot meal I went to them.

They lived in what looked like an abandoned bar. There were five of them, Shiggy, Dabi, Toga, Twice, and Kurogiri. Kurogiri was like a parental figure to us all, he made sure we were safe and kept a watchful eye over us.

Shiggy was unruly to say the least, he was always starting fights with Dabi and he always wanted things to go his way.

Dabi seemed cool. He gave off a lot of big brother energy, and was always there to comfort me when I needed it. He had a rough exterior but on the inside he was so sweet.

Toga on the other hand was crazy, don't get me wrong, she was nice but she had a natural bloodlust so it was hard for me to interact with her. When she wasn't actively on the hunt, I got to know her better. She was always very nice to me too, just really outgoing.

And last but not least, Twice. He was older than the other three previously mentioned but he was still a kid at heart. He was actually the one that found me and offered me a place to stay. I politely declined, but he insisted I at least come in for a meal. That was how I met the others too and we have shared a strong bond ever since.

Shortly after I had met them, they had figured out about my unusual smartness. They had me help them with a few missions they went on, so I helped make a plan for them after looking through all of the information I was given. I knew they were villains but they helped me so I didn't care if I was caught working with them. They were my friends and I didn't want them getting hurt when I could've helped prevent it.

I only did small jobs for them anyway, nothing too serious or noteworthy. Currently I was helping them disable a security camera. They had enrolled me into an online school because "education is very important for youth" as Kurogiri had said when he learned I didn't go to school. They had helped me get into higher level classes and I learned how to code websites. This information helped me learn how to hack into things.

After I had finished, it was already dark, the sun long gone.

"Why don't you stay the night?" Shiggy rasped out as he saw me heading for the door.

"I'm sorry but not tonight, maybe another time." I offered with a slight smile. He nodded his head slightly in acknowledgement and waved to me as I slipped out of the door.

Tonight was absolutely beautiful, there was a full moon and slight gusts of wind here and there. The walk back to where I stayed was enjoyable and I found myself smiling as I got back.

When I arrived to where I was staying, I checked through all of my stuff to make sure nothing was taken. I had found an abandoned house kind of off the road a bit and took shelter in it. Not many people walked by but it was good to be cautious and hide all of my things when I was gone.

While I was checking my stuff, I had noticed I had less money than I thought. I'd have to pick pocket again, maybe I should just do it tonight to get it out of the way. I hated stealing from people but that was the only way I could get cash at the moment and it was easier to get away with than stealing from stores.

I sighed as I grabbed my jacket and slipped out of the door again. I walked to a street that was always busy with people and blended into the crowd. That's when I spotted my victim. He was slightly taller than me with ruby eyes and spiky blonde hair.

He seemed to be around my age too which was perfect, a lot of the times the younger people weren't paying attention so it was easier for me to get away.

I saw an imprint of a wallet in one of his pockets so I got closer. It wasn't too weird for strangers to be close to one another as the sidewalks were always crowed so I got really close before taking the wallet. As soon as I did his head snapped to me. I glanced up briefly before continuing to walk away, acting like nothing happened.

I could tell he was stunned and he looked around again to see if it was someone else who had taken it, only for his eyes to lock onto me again. He then took off after me yelling at me the whole time.

"What the fuck!!! Give it back you extra!!" He screamed as he chased me.

I only ran faster, hoping to get out of his sight and lose him. As I was running I slipped into an alleyway, being careful to be quiet. He had noticed me though and continued to pursue me. I had made it to my home with him right on my tail and as I was about to burst through the door he tackled me to the ground.

"Give it back and I won't fucking kill you." He seethed as his palms sparked and he held me down. He was really built for his size so I knew I wouldn't be escaping him anytime soon. I handed him back the wallet and he checked inside to make sure nothing was out of place.

"Tch. Where the fuck are your parents?" He questioned as he loosened his grip slightly. This made my whole body tense as my breath hitched. My reaction seemed to have been enough for him to get the gist of my situation and his eyes seemed to soften.

"Why don't you come back with me, I'll see if the old hag can help you. Just don't try anything weird dunce face." He had said before getting off of me and helping me up.

I was surprised, there's no way I could just go with him! He's going to turn me in for sure.

Having sensed my unease he looked at me in the eyes.

"You don't have to come with me if you don't want to, but if you want to stop stealing and living here you should." He said, leaving it up to me.

I thought about it for a few moments before stepping towards him.

"Yeah ok, I'll come with." I replied as I kept my head down. Shortly after, we began the walk to wherever he was taking me.