Chapter 7

"I want to be a hero." I said after taking a deep breath. "I want to help kids like me, I want to be a true hero and actually help people." I finished as I looked around the room. Everyone was shocked at my response.

"So you're going to UA?" Shiggy questioned with a rasp. I nodded and waited for his reaction.

"That's perfect, you can help spy on the teachers there. You can report to us, I heard All Might is going to be a teacher there this year." He thought out loud as he scratched his neck.

"No. I'm not going to be a traitor." I told him firmly.

"Don't think of it like that then! Just help us! Nobody will even know." He argued getting increasingly angry with me.

"Shiggy, I love all of you guys but I'm not going to do that." I told him, standing my ground. Everyone else was silent as they watched the argument between the two of us.

"Bro, let him be. He shouldn't have to work for us. He's not going to be a bad hero, he's actually going to be great." Dabi had said after a few moments of silence.

"Get out of this Dabi." Shigaraki gritted out as he stood up and walked close to me. I stood up too, waiting to see what he was about to do.

"If you're not going to be useful you can leave, I don't want to see you again." Shigaraki said as he shoved me slightly.

"Wh-what?" I asked with tears building in my eyes. I knew he wasn't going to be happy with me, but throwing me out like I was a piece of trash? I hadn't expected that.

"Young man! You sit back down." Kurogiri scolded as he came over to us.

"No! He needs to go!" He shouted as he lunged at me. He tackled me down to the ground, choking me out with one hand as he had managed to punch my face a few times with the other before anyone could tear him away from me. I stood up quickly after his body was lifted from mine.

His actions made me think back to my childhood and I started hyperventilating, clutching my chest as I did so. I couldn't breathe.

"Denki! I need you to calm down bud. He's gone we took him out of the room." I heard someone say from a distance. I couldn't focus on anything, my mind was too fixated on past experiences to recognize were I was and what had happened.

"Denki come on, look at me." I heard as I smelled a smoky essence, almost like a campfire, fill my nostrils. I then felt the comforting warmth and tightness of a hug.

I came back to my senses and tried to slow my breathing, choking on tears as I let it all out.

"There you go, let it all out Denki, don't hold anything back." Dabi said as he comforted me. I stayed crying into his shoulder for a few minutes before I had calmed down enough to pull away.

"Thanks." I said quietly as I stepped away from him. Kurogiri came up from behind me and handed me some tissues. I carefully wiped my eyes and looked around the room. Toga was gone, probably with Shigaraki. The next thing I noticed was that Twice looked really upset. His face was red and I could practically see the fire burning inside of him.

"I need to step outside, you can come with if you want Denks." He said as he stepped out suddenly. I followed behind him quickly and stayed quiet as he stood there.

"God I feel so bad." He said as he looked at me.

"It's not your fault." I said. My throat was starting to hurt from how tight Shigaraki had grabbed me.

"I wish I could help you dude, like honestly." He told me as he slowly slid down the wall into a sitting position. I shrugged and sat next to him. "I'm proud of you for wanting to be a hero though, I'm sure you'll be great!" He stated happily as he hugged me into his side.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me." I told him honestly as I snuggled slightly into his side.

"Oh! Do you have a phone now?" He asked as he pulled something out of his pocket. I nodded and pulled me phone out, Mitsuki had made sure to get me one when I moved in, she wanted to make sure she could stay in contact with me.

"Here's my number, I want you to stay in contact with me, ok kid?" He said as he handed me a paper with his phone number.

"But what about Shiggy?" I asked.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." He chuckled as he pointed finger guns at me. I laughed and added his number into my contacts, making sure to save it.

After a bit of time Dabi came out of the building.

"I just wanted to give you another hug. I'm so sorry Shiggy lost it on you." He said as I stood up.

"Hey! It's not your fault, don't worry." I said as I hugged him tightly. "I know you wouldn't do that to me, you're my brother." I said as I let go.

"Gosh, he got you good." He said pointing to my neck where I probably had a gnarly bruise.

"Heh yeah, it hurts man." I said as I rubbed it slightly. "I'm going to have bruises all over my face too, ughhhhh what am I going to tell the Bakugou's?" I groaned.

"Shit! I have to get home, bye." I said before running off. I'd only left for an hour at a time to go walking but as of right now, I had been gone for nearly 3-4 hours. They're gonna be so worried!

I sprinted all the way home and walked inside hesitantly, slipping off my shoes in the process.

"Where the fuck have you been Denki?" I heard Katsuki call out from the living room.