Chapter 7

A new friend

Andre drove towards France where they were supposed to board the shuttle on Dr.Eve's and Dr.Johannesburg's behalf.
However on their journey towards France..reports of a massive uncategorized storm came over the radio . They were later informed that the launch was delayed due to the storm. Hence they took shelter in a diner near the road where a couple of people took shelter in . In the diner a boy named Apollo approached Luna .

Apollo - Um hey do you mind if I talk to you...this evacuating earth thing is kind of overwhelming . I'm Apollo by the way.

Luna (with mixed moods) - Yeah sure , I'm Luna . I would definitely like to talk to take my mind of things for a bit .

Apollo (curious) - Something's bothering you Luna ? Would you like talking about it?

Luna - I can't stop thinking about my parents

Apollo - Did they take another shuttle?

Luna (filled with sorrow )- I wish....They passed away yesterday during a expedition which they searched for years .

Apollo - I get it....my parents passed away a few days ago in car crash trying to pick me up from school .

(Luna and Apollo both pause looking at each other with eyes filled with tears)

Luna - The problem is that they were in a expedition that was regarding the temple of Selene.

Apollo (lit up ) - The temple of Selene!!! The Goddess of the Moon's temple?

Luna - Yes....wait how do you know about Selene?

Apollo - I have quite a good amount of interest in Greek Mythology since childhood.

Luna ( troubled ) - Well I don't think it's a myth cause my parents entering the temple of the Goddess of the Moon and the Moon disappearing that very time,it does add up.

Apollo - Well don't you want to find out ?

Luna - How ? And why would u risk your life ? You do know there is no returning from this ?

Apollo - Of course I know ...I rather die on my home planet than dying on another planet. Just get someone's car keys and meet me outside. I'll drive .

Luna - Alright it's a plan !

Luna quietly tries to pick the keys from Andre's pocket
Upon getting the keys , Luna sprints towards the exit .
Upon seeing Luna reaching for the car , a stunned Andre chases behind them .

Luna - Go ! Go ! Go ! Start the car now!

The car starts and they begin to move just before Andre could reach them .

Apollo - Phew that was a close one although now we go into the storm .

Luna - No...we ride the storm!

Apollo - What ! You either go around the storm or you stay put !

Luna - Trust me, just let go and the storm will lead us to the temple .

Apollo - A leap of faith it is .

Apollo continues to drive towards the storm , the storm soon takes control of the car and both Luna and Apollo become unconsciousness.

Hours later they wake up laying in the cave before the entrance of temple of Selene

Luna - Told you it would work .

Apollo - How is this even possible?

Luna - I don't know...I just followed what the voice in my mind was telling me to do

Apollo - Luna why does the entrance to the temple say " Inside the heir will live the rest will die " ?

TO BE CONTINUED