Chapter 10 part 2

A leap of Faith

Meanwhile on the Horizon Ship
The captain (stunned) - She's back! Get NASA on the line NOW!! We're going back to Earth .

(In the void )
Luna - So Earth's Home again?

Selene- It's one of the homes now ! Come with me for a walk will you .

Luna - Sure

(Luna and Selene leave the void and enter the temple again )

Selene - It's been ages since I've been here.

Luna (sarcastically)- Well I can see that you didn't want any visitors anyways.

( Selene looking upto the Moon)

Selene - OH..isn't she pretty.

Luna - She sure is .

Selene - Take care of her she's a keeper.

Luna - wait are you going to die ?

Selene - Death is never the end Luna death is the birth of a new life ! Hence I'm going for a new and final life . A life of being normal , a mere person in the background this time.

Luna - What about the heir? Who comes next ?

Selene - You will know when you see her . If you ever feel alone just close your eyes and I'll be there . Goodbye Luna hope we see each other on the Moon someday .

(Selene soon disappears leaving Luna Alone in the temple)

Upon reaching the exit of the temple she finds a crumpled old letter. Luna picks it up and walks towards the the exit of the Cave . She looks at the Sunrise of a new Earth and takes a seat on a rock and begins to read the letter

Dear Luna
" I hope someday if you're alive you will find this letter
It's been 20 years since I said Goodbye to you at the entrance of the temple . I waited for day's , weeks and then I began to doubt , I lost hope . I scavenged the lands for food and survived for as long as I could . I left letters at the entrance hoping that someday if you ever came back you would read it . Today I've decided to leave this last letter. As I said I rather die on this planet than another planet and today I'm ready to stop the clock . As I enter the temple of Selene I want you to know I'm dying doing something I love even if it means I will die .
I fulfilled my promise Luna and I have no regrets.
A leap of faith always

With much love
Apollo "

Luna begins to Tear up as she holds the letter close to her heart as she watches the birth of a new era on Earth unfold "

And that's the story how the Moon build a bridge for Humanity.

(The children remain quiet until one child raises their hand up)
Child - What makes this story different from a myth?

Luna smiles and replies " It doesn't it's a matter of belief "

(As Luna exits the classroom a young girl follows her towards the elevator and stops Luna )

The girl - The Moon is Alive isn't it ? Whenever you're ready Luna .

(The elevator door closes)

That very night Luna knew the heir was already found and Selene created the void not to hide the Moon but to make sure Luna and upcoming heirs used the void so they could go back spend time with someone they loved in the past and not to spend their days alone in the present .

As for Luna as she nears the opening of void she closes her eyes and when she opens it she sees Apollo with the last letter .
Luna (filled with joy ) - A leap of Faith it is .

The void remains in the temple of Selene forever so that each heir can return to their past after they complete their time as the Goddess of the Moon and never ever have to suffer like Selene .

As for Selene , she lived her life as a mortal as she said , she stays connected mentally to each heir watching over them from the shadows. 

The end ~