Chapter 11

Yeah... it's been a while. BUT HEY! While I was gone I wrote a 25 page paper so kudos to me :)

Remember to vote, fan and comment :) <3 Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

Emma kissed David softly as they lay in bed after dinner. Both were exhausted trying to prepare for war, but it had to be done. "How are the battle plans going?" she asked softly as she curled into his side. David murmured his pleasure and took her into his arms and sighed.

"It's alright. I just wish we had more intelligence... All you heard was that they were planning a surprise attack," he nuzzled into her neck, muffling himself.

"I could fly over and see if I can find out more," Emma said, but David quickly shook his head.

"It's too dangerous... The first time you were lucky that you found them, but things could have changed. You aren't trained either," he said seriously, and Emma knew he was correct, although her pride suffered a little bit. "But discovering them in the first place was great."

She smiled and entwined her fingers with his. "Why don't you send someone else to do the job? It doesn't even have to be a bird shifter, just some kind of small animal would do, really," she suggested. Her mate nodded.

"Alright, I'm already sick of talking about this during the day, let's talk about something else," David groaned and chuckled. He jokingly tickled Emma's sides, making her stiffen and curl into herself, laughing her head off.

"David!" she gasped "That tickles!"

"Obviously," he drawled, smirking. But he continued to tickle Emma, who let out an un-ladylike snort. "You've been snorting a lot lately, are you sure you aren't a pig shifter instead of an avian?"

Emma gasped in indignance. "Excuse me?" she asked incredulously. "You can go sleep on the couch now."

She slapped David's hands from her sides while he was still processing her statement, and then shoved him off the bed. He fell with a grunt, but Emma wasn't too worried because there was a rug there.

"Woah, I'm not sleeping on the couch," he frowned, trying to get back into the bed. She shoved him away once more, making him stay an arm's distance away. He growled in frustration, crossing his arms like a petulant child.

"Until you earn my forgiveness, there's no bed for you!" Emma huffed. "You can't expect to call a self respecting woman a pig and not get punished so shoo!"

She waved towards the couch a few feet away. To be honest it really didn't look that uncomfortable, but Emma knew this was a battle of will and pride. She wanted to smile but knew he would take it as a sign he could get into bed again and most likely tickle her. Not going to happen, she told herself.

"Please?" David pouted. His lower lip jutted out and his eyes went wide in the classic puppy dog face. "I'll be so cold and lonely."

Emma crossed her arms in reply. Her mate sighed heavily and trudged over to the couch. She wanted to laugh at how forlorn he looked, but she didn't want to be mean. He leisurely tugged his shirt off, showing off his defined back muscles as he did so. Emma stiffened as she realized what he was doing. Oh, hell to the no.

Her eyes were glued to his naked chest as he slipped his pants off, not looking at her once. Licking her lips, she waited for him to fully undress... She felt like a pervert for thinking about that stuff, but he was just so attractive.

David lay down on the couch as he listened to his mate's stuttering breath. His plan was definitely working, he thought smugly. Any moment now... But she was being stubborn. Any other court lady would have let him in the moment he took off his shirt. Actually, they wouldn't have kicked him out in the first place. But Emma wasn't just any court lady. She was special -- demure, but oh so defiant at the same time -- and David wouldn't trade her in for anybody. To seal the deal, he shifted onto his side, exaggerating the movement of his muscles so his mate wouldn't be able to resist and he'd finally be able to get revenge.