DARK 10

HARRY'S POV

I was angry at what I was witnessing, but not angry enough to react.

My sister was weeping while glaring daggers at Andy. It was an expression that I could understand despite my own critique nature.

I, for one, wanted to hear what Andy had to say about his course of action since I never got to understand it. They were just so in love and then he disappeared out of nowhere with not even a note to say goodbye. It was just weird.

And as you know, they say curiosity killed a cat.

"I want all of you to listen to me properly about what happened. I may have done something that you deem wrong or unacceptable, but I was just doing my job."

He finally started to talk. I was waiting for that moment and he was about to get going. I nearly thought of running to get popcorn, but I wouldn't have made it if I did so, thus I stayed put.

"Since the first day I came here, I have been vocal about my mission and duration. I said I would be staying here only for a week and that I was here for a special mission. There has never been an occasion that I said something different."

Thinking back a year ago, what he said was true. He only mentioned how he was on a mission and was only to be with us for a week. He must have had a great memory remembering every word he said.

"Right, and what mission was that? Getting her pregnant and running away?" Boogie asked him.

"That's where I'm headed, but listen to what I have to say first."

It sounded important and it managed to attract everyone's attention as we all stayed quiet except for the sniffles Megan made now and then.

"I was here for a mission, and even though I knew it would have been as easy as it was before I came here, Megan proved me wrong. You guys made it harder with how you all reacted to my presence, making me question the direct order I volunteered to carry out."

"And what mission was that? To kill somebody? To make me a whore or what exactly? Because what I feel right now, when you are here looking at me like that, I feel dirty." Megan started crying again.

It was something I wanted to cry about as well, but the confusion and pity I saw in Andy's eyes didn't just cut it. It was weird seeing him feel almost sorry for her but nothing for what he did.

"My mission was to break a heart in a way that no heart has ever been broken. I was to do damage that Satan couldn't ever do."

"And you did perfectly. I'm broken beyond being fixed." Megan added.

"But I told you before, you were my mission."

We all couldn't understand what was happening. How could somebody tell you, he was all out to make you miserable and ruin you and still play his game? It wasn't in Meg's nature.

"I don't get it. You knew you were his mission?" I asked Megan.

She wouldn't stop crying, but she seemed to recall something when I asked her that.

"He mentioned it at some point. I didn't think much of it."

"How can you not think much of it? He was giving some weird vibe since he showed up!"

"BECAUSE I LOVED HIM. From the moment I saw his face, I fell in love with him right there, right then."

"And that was the only easy part throughout my mission," Andy spoke.