DARK 12

The tension at the restaurant kept at its peak. It was a crypto coin on a good business Monday.

Nobody was able to move after what they heard. Wayne and I were consoling Megan. Monalisa and Nancy just stood by the aisle. Boogie, Keisha, Kevin, Zachary who had just come back from a delivery, and Arjun, sat in the chairs looking at Andy as he unfolded the whole scenario.

"The most crucial moment of her life, the time where she was told she was going to be a mumsy, you knew about it and didn't even bother to come and ease her the pain she was experiencing? How cruel could you get!" Wayne finally spoke with nothing but hate in his words.

"Your looks and what you are, it's like heaven and hell combined!" Keisha also pitched in.

"I'm nothing hell looks like," Andy said back to her.

"But all you did says otherwise. And now that I know what you did and how Megan copped, I no longer see a snotty and brat spoiled kid when I look at her. I see a courageous woman who kept all her battles and struggles with her. I will never see her the same after all this." Boogie said to Andy.

Andy looked amused and a grin spread across his face on what Boogie said, but he had more to say when we thought that it was all.

"But that wasn't her worst that I know. She went through serious trouble during the whole month when she had to end her contracts with Gordon and Selena." Andy clarified.

Oh God! I wouldn't want to be ever reminded of that awful time. I was always on my toes.

FLASHBACK

When she was only three months into pregnancy, Megan had to go through the second most difficult time of her life.

It all started one day when she was at her appointment with Ethan Workman.

"Megan, why don't you understand?" Ethan said to her.

"No, you are the one who doesn't understand."

"Why don't I understand? Because there is no pregnancy without sex. You can't be virgin Mary to get pregnant from sacred words!"

"Oh, the same thing again! I told you I can't give you the name of the father because I don't know it." Megan shouted back.

"Then why can't I register this as a pregnancy from a random hookup?! Isn't that how you do things?!"

"Jealousy doesn't suit you, Ethan!"

"It's Dr. Workman for you!"

Megan almost laughed but she was too worn out to do so.

"Then do your work, man! I didn't come here to listen to how hurt you were when I rejected you, nor you judging me for how I got pregnant. I got it from passionate lovemaking and I don't know the father's name or his whereabouts. That's it."

"Look Ms. Pizza, all I'm trying to do is save you from the legal trouble that you might face later when someone shows up to claim the baby is his. I'm giving you this whole week to go and think about it. If you find the man responsible as you say, bring him here so we can register him. But if you come back with no answer, I won't have any other way than to register the baby as conceived on a random hookup!"

Megan was tired of all the quarreling and so did the only thing positive she could think of.

"I understand. But I need a whole month for that, you know I have to find him first and then make sure if I want him to be the father of my baby after running away from me."