EPILOGUE

I had to live every waking day knowing that everyone was living a lie that I didn't know how could I prove it wasn't, without causing mayhem.

I hated the fact that I was the only person who remembered when Andy clearly said that, it was going to be like a dream. Fuck, nothing felt like a dream to me. I knew it was for real, but how could I prove that it was without being seen as a crazy ass bitch.

There were the three restaurants that were waiting for me to CEO the hell out of them. But also, there was Leo whom I had to take care of. Oh, the biggest part of it all... there was Harry and everyone who stood by me and I ended up making a fool out of myself and betraying their trust and love. If what I saw in my so vivid reality that I had to live every day as a dream was any indication, then I needed to mend my ways or I was going to lose everyone.

I was in an intrapersonal crisis that I knew nothing about nor how to even navigate it.

But something flicked my mind one crazy afternoon, just a week after the dream incident. Hard life is just the way you live; not what life is.

And knowing that, I set out to try and forget everything about the weird dream that of course, I still felt like it wasn't a dream, and move on with my life.

And if I have to say anything, the whole of it was just great.

I finally had time to spend with all my loved ones and even lead my life accordingly. My business was thriving and I was then thinking of having bigger places to go with the name and status of the brand The Pizzerant had become. I was full on to success.

And I couldn't dream of anything else but the thick of it.

Megan signing out.

THREE MONTHS LATER

Well, it's still Megan.

Let's just say I did what I always do most which is rushing into things, when I rushed into signing out.

After spending three months of solitude and strengthening my relationships with all around me, it was a week after Leo hit six months old when it all started anew.

I was just back from The US where I had to attend a very luxurious dinner event that Ryan Gosling had reached out to me to prepare when I first received Ashish's call.

"Hey, girl!"

"Ashish, if we are not going to stick to professionalism, I will fire your flirty ass even if you were the best student at whatever hellhole of a college that I didn't bother to go to."

Well, let's just say he was way too good at getting on my nerves that I lost it a couple of times. Who the fuck in their clear minds flirts with their boss when they know that she is in a very committed relationship that had been through ups and downs, and with a kid on top of it?

"I guess this is where I say my bad?!"

"I guess this is where you say what the fuck do you want?"

"Wow, no foreplay! I am loving all of this!"

I just kept quiet and rolled my eyes as if he could see me do that.

"Okay, I just wanted to say that Ryan just reached out to say thanks and deposited a token of appreciation in our accounts," Ashish said cheerily.

"Mmh,"

"And actually, I was thinking, since the dinner event was pretty hectic, which Durga Ma was! Maybe let's not add that money to the inventory balances and instead give it as a bonus to all those who worked that night. It would have been a disaster if the workers didn't step up to the occasion."