DARK ANGEL 18

My heart was racing a minute a mile.

I looked beside me only to come upon the bedside table with the clock saying 6 am to prove again that I had just woken up.

I turned to the other side of the bed, and there lay Wayne and a baby. My baby. Leo.

I felt this weird feeling coursing through my body at the sight of the baby. I know I had a vivid dream about my life and if reports are to be believed, dreams are said to be an extended imagination of our daily lives or things that we would like to experience or have the what-if question about them. But the baby that lay in front of me, I didn't remember anything about him.

It was as if all memories about him were erased from my mind except for the ones that I had in my dream. Was it even a dream? Holy shit, it felt so real to be a dream.

I picked up Leo and looked at him, and it all felt like a new experience that I just stumbled upon. I somehow wanted to clutch onto him to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I was just afraid that it all might vanish and I would wake up again to nothing but pure disappointment.

The feelings that were rushing in and out of me were driving me crazy to even focus on what I was supposed to think about. I just couldn't handle it, and I decided to give Leo a kiss to drive all the crazy thoughts away.

And with that kiss, came the motherhood feeling that I was yearning for since I opened my eyes to see Leo beside me at that moment. It was too strong for my mere heart.

"Pick me in a thousand lives, 'cause that's what I'll do you."

I don't know now why I said those words like I didn't know then, but I hope someday, I'll learn all about the impulse that made me say those words.

"Mmh, Meg."

Wayne was finally awake and was looking at me with sleepy eyes. I just thought maybe he also felt the same way as I did and I intended to learn about that.

"Hey, morning," I said to him cautiously.

"Morning, sorry. He kept crying and I thought it would help if he was near you."

"Huh?!"

I didn't understand. Did it mean that he knew about the baby and everything?

"You were tired and fast asleep, and Leo just kept crying whatever I did."

"Uh no, it's fine."

I took a minute to grasp what I just learned. It was all kinda fishy, but looking at baby Leo's face and seeing him sleeping peacefully just made him cute enough to soothe my racing heart and thoughts.

"I think I'll go get prepared; I'm already late."

"Jesus Megan! You are the boss now; you don't have to hassle yourself tired every fucking day! It will help if you make time for our son as well." Wayne looked a bit frustrated at me.

It was all new to me and I didn't know how to feel about it. I knew then and there that I was delusional at most but hallucinating at least.

I didn't want to raise alarm until I made sure I was certain about everything, and in the meanwhile, I had to make peace with the only reality I knew that consisted of the likelihood of what Wayne was talking about.

I decided to live the dream since it was the only reality that felt real at that moment.

"What do you mean to make time for our son? I am always with him, I take him to The Pizzerant with me, I always make sure he eats on time and I do everything that a mother is supposed to do."