ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

It seemed everything went perfectly in his life. 

Elio Gilbert was born 15 minutes before his twin sister Elena, to be the son of Grayson Gilbert and Miranda Sommers – Gilbert.

Happiness filled the Gilbert home with the twins only to bring even more happiness when a few years after another member was born, Jeremy Gilbert.

From the moment the oldest Gilbert was born he was very protective of his sister and as the parents hoped, one Jeremy was born, Elio became protective of his little brother as well.

As anyone has hoped, things turned out perfectly for the family. Elena was always popular with her beauty and warm personality, Elio excelled in his studies and kept a few people around as friends, he only became more popular when he finally joined the football team. From then on, because he was so good at it everyone in the school respected him.

Soon enough just like his sister Elena, he took things to the next level with his childhood sweetheart which sparked a storm when he and Daniel Forbes began dating. For some reason him and Caroline got close with that relationship as well, even if Daniel wasn't the biggest fan of his cousin.

Everything seemed to be perfect until May 23, 2009.

Elio was a sophomore in high school, he helped his sister Elena to sneak out and go to the bonfire party. He was covering perfectly for her until the phone call came in and Jenna picking up the phone Elena confessed instantly.

On the way home that night, was the fateful moment that changed  all of their lives. The accident.

On the way back the car carrying Elena and her parents swerved off the road and went over the Wickery Bridge straight into the water. Both Miranda and Grayson have lost their lives while Elena survived miraculously. No one knew how that happened, there was no explanation.

From then on everything changed. Elio felt guilty and responsible for being the one making it happen, first helping Elena sneak out then convincing their parents to let it go and bring her back.

His grief however was short lived.

Their aunt, Jenna became the guardian, and his siblings began to take this on very differently.  Jeremy has turned to drugs and loneliness, Elio gave him some space but since Jeremy confined in him he did not push his younger brother much. The boy knew that Jeremy needed a father figure, and Elio being the oldest it seemed Jeremy was happy to turn to him. Elena however noticing Jeremy's odd behaviour decided to ignore her feelings, mostly pretending everything was alright.

Meaning he could not succumb to his grief, he had to look after his siblings.

They only had the summer to be left alone and grieve on their own way. However things changed when the new school year started, they were al forced back to reality and no one gave them a free pass for losing their parents.

Things only changed even more when a new student arrived at the school Stefan Salvatore, who changed the twins life completely. He has brought a lot of memories and drama with him, but the moment his older brother Damon Salvatore has arrived... things have really turned around.

Main Cast:

Dylan O'Brian as Elio Gilbert and Sebastian Monroe

Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce

Featuring:

Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore

Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore

Steven McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert

Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett

Candice King as Caroline Forbes

Corbyn Besson as Daniel Forbes

Joseph Morgan as Klaus Mikaelson

Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson

Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson

The rest of the cast as their Respective Characters