162 ᴄᴀɴᴅʟᴇꜱ

At the Salvatore Boarding House Stefan was sleeping peacefully in the living room that is until his book fell from his lap to the floor

At the Salvatore Boarding House Stefan was sleeping peacefully in the living room that is until his book fell from his lap to the floor. Opening his eyes he looked slightly dazed but picking up the book placed it on the table. However he sensed something suddenly. A weird feeling, like a presence in the house. Quiet noises followed it, making the vampire stand up and look around carefully but decided to call out to his brother in case he was up to something again.

"Damon?"

He continued to look, and the further disturbance caught his attention until suddenly he was pushed down the ground by a powerful force, he looked alarmed until he recognised the blonde vampire on top of him baring her fangs.

"Lexi!?" the girl changed back her face and gave a warm and happy smile to Stefan:

"Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"How could you even ask that?" asked Lexi and pulling up Stefan hugged him tightly.

"I missed you" smiled Stefan and hugged her back tightly, but once they separated Lexi looked at him with a big grin.

"Happy Birthday."

As the sun was coming up shortly they went up to Stefan rooms where they had a long conversation on things that have happened. Lexi was more interested in the recent ones, which was also a shock when she heard about the shootings.

"Stop. I don't know, some freak shot at me with wooden bullets. I bail in under sixty. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?"

"I don't know who knows about us. That guy did. There could be others. Do me a favour, while you're here, please be careful."

"Why stay?" asked Lexi getting up from the bed but she turned excited as she faced Stefan. "I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the Garden. "Wanted dead or alive", it's our theme song. It'll be a blast."

"Do you think he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend huh?"

"We can make him remember us. Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here?"

"I told you, their names are Elena and Elio."

"Let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over" teased Lexi and she held up a photo of Katherine only for Stefan to snatch it away and take it back to its place.

"You didn't even know Katherine."

"Cause if I did I'd kick her ass... of course not with Sebastian around he was way too ancient to try on. Never understood his role in all of this... must have been Katherine. Little bitch. Speaking of... where's Damon?"

"Inflicting misery somewhere. You gonna be okay here alone? 'Cause I got some things I gotta take care of."

"It's not exactly like I can go anywhere. And you and Damon are the only ones with these nifty little daylight rings. I have a mood ring from '75! Trade ya?"