ʟᴏꜱᴛ ɢɪʀʟꜱ

"What are you?" questioned Elena but seeing he wasn't going to answer she repeated her question with a lot more demand laced in her voice

"What are you?" questioned Elena but seeing he wasn't going to answer she repeated her question with a lot more demand laced in her voice. "What are you?"

"You know" sighed Stefan but oddly he felt relieved.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here."

"It's not possible. It can't be."

"Everything you know... Every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?"

"What are you?"

"I'm a vampire."

"Elio was right... I shouldn't have come."

"No. Please" tried Stefan but Elena began to run away, however Stefan used his vampire speed to appear in front of her, startling the brunette.

"No. No. How did you do that?"

"Please don't be afraid of me."

"Let me go" demanded Elena and tried to get closer to the car.

"No. Elena, there are things that you have to know and understand."

"Let me go!"

"Elena, please" pleaded Stefan however the brunette rushed back to her car and getting in there drove away as quickly as she could. Her mind was spinning with everything that happened and she felt scared. She clenched her fists on the steering wheel regretted not having Elio come with her.

Arriving back at the house she rushed upstairs and ran into her room, but the moment she got there Stefan stood in the room freaking her out completely. Elena was about to run out but the vampire sped over and closing the door cornered the girl against the door.

"Elena. I would never hurt you. You're safe with me."

"All those animal attacks, those people who died..." whimpered Elena fearing for her own life.

"No. That was Damon!"

"Damon?" questioned the girl confused and slowly turned around.

"Yes. I don't drink human blood. That's not how I choose to survive, but Damon does! I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena, do not tell anybody."

"How can you ask me that?"

"Because you knowing this is dangerous for so many reasons. You can hate me, but I need you to trust me."

"Stefan..." came the voice of Elio suddenly who entered through their shared bathroom and shocking Stefan Elena looked scared for her brother but Elio remained calm.

"Elio... I... We just..."

"I know" responded the boy gently. "But I'll have to ask you to leave. If you mean us no harm, then you'll leave now."