ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ

Waking up the next morning he felt both groggy and content

For a moment he had no idea where he was. Looking at his phone he could see it was Sunday past 8 am.

He stared at it a little longer but as it registered in his mind he jumped out of bed and looking around tried to make sense of it. Without saying a word he marched out of his room and into Elena's who was still in bed as well.

Approaching her he began to nudge her silently, after a few attempts Elena finally opened her eyes and looking at him gave him a tired smile.

"Hey... everything okay?"

"How long did I sleep?" asked Elio suddenly, his mouth dry and his voice still deep and croaky.

"Well..." offered Elena looking at her alarm clock. "Probably more than you had the whole week put together."

"But I... how?"

Elena rubbed her eyes and her head went back to her pillow, which made Elio climb into he bed next to her and looking at her waited to an explanation.

"We were talking to Stefan and you just... laid down next to him and fell asleep. Even held onto him after a while, it was cute."

"But I couldn't sleep for months" argued Elio.

"Maybe you just feel comfortable and safe around him... I get it. I do too... that's why I'm kinda... you know."

"Into him?" offered Elio with a bright smile which made Elena open her eyes and sitting up a little looked at her brother.

"Maybe... but it seems all too quick."

"Lena, he made me feel comfortable enough to fall asleep and I slept for hours! Hours! Plural. That's more than I can say for the past weeks. I understand perfectly what you mean, however I don't think it's a bad thing."

"You sure?"

"Look" began Elio and sat up a bit as well. "He makes you happy, what is there to worry about? I know how you're feeling, I do like him as well. Being around him is just... it makes me feel—"

"Alive again?" asked Elena with a smile.

"Yeah... like finally good things are coming. Anyway... we are due for a movie night. So if Mr Salvatore isn't busy we ought to invite him over again!"

"And now I wonder if it's because you want his company or the fact he might be able to help you sleep?"

"I suppose we can get the best of both worlds" smiled Elio and got out of the bed ready to begin his day.