ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴛɪᴇꜱ

"I can confirm that a 12-foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed

"I can confirm that a 12-foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed. The hunter is in stable condition" came the voice of Sheriff Forbes from the TV while Elio and Jenna stood next to each other watching it, Elio was happily munching on his cereal .

"To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught" announced the anchor man and that was the first time Jenna began speaking very quietly.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket."

"Who are you talking to?" asked Elio and glanced at his aunt.

"Him."

"The news guy?" came the voice of Elena from the kitchen, however Jenna kept her eyes on the screen.

"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"Oh, no way" exclaimed Elio. "You and him?"

"He's cute" added Elena from the table which made Jenna lower the volume on the TV and turning to Elena walked closer.

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him" denied their aunt but then her gaze landed on the jewellery box and noticed how Elena was polishing them. "What are you doing with that?"

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" asked Jenna and picked it up, but then Elio put his bowl down and taking it from her looked at it.

"To be precise this was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring."

"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" asked Jeremy suddenly taking it from Elio who just raised an eyebrow. "You know, like on eBay?"

"I'm afraid you'll have to give up on that knowledge Jer" responded Elio and taking the ring back handed it to Elena.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away."

"We are not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy."

Suddenly the door rang which made Elena get up and walk away while Jenna looked at the TV again cussing Logan Fell. Elio noticed how Jeremy kept looking at the box, which made him sigh and glancing toward the door noticed how Elena was gone. Reaching into he box picked up the pocket watch and holding it in his hand spoke quietly.

"This was dad's. Remember?"

"Yes, it always looked cool. He was going to give it to you, right?" asked Jer carefully.

"One of us. I know he said oldest son but... if you promise me that you'll rather die than part with it... As the oldest Gilbert I will give it to you for safe keeping."

"I promise" responded Jeremy his face brightened up.

Holding out his hand Elio placed the pocket watch in his hands, to his surprise Jeremy suddenly moved to him and hugging him tightly whispered.