01

I jogged down the stairs and walked across the block over to Lauryn's house. I could already hear her and Shelley giggling from outside. I knocked and heard Lauryn's voice trill in response. "Come in, Liyah!" She sang and I went into the flat, "What you saying, girl?"

I smiled at my friend, "Nothing much," I said, "Oo, let's have a look," I cooed and took Lauryn's hand to examine the nails, "Sexy,"

"Well, you know Shelley's a sexy girl, innit, she gots to help us out, too," Lauryn joked and we all laughed, loudly.

"Mhm, she did mine last week, got the mandem cooing," I joined in and showed Lauryn her nails, who whistled in response.

"Stop!" Shelley whined but we continued giggling.

"How 'bout you come with us, tonight, huh?" I proposed to Shelley.

"Nah, nah, I'm too grown for all of that," Shelley told her, "These guys that go to the raves ain't got no behaviour. And there's always some riff-raff, some beef tryna shut down the raves. It's a waste of time and money."

I rolled my eyes. We'd been trying to get Shelley out for ages, but she never agreed. "Girl, we can wind up and grind on some peng tings, ya'know aaay!" Lauryn encouraged hyping herself up and Shelley chuckled.

"These mans that go to these raves ain't got no bread," Shelley said, "They're in there, every weekend, stunting with their champagne bottles making you girls- yeah, don't look at me like that," She added, noticing how Lauryn and I had the same expression, "Believe that they're about that life. They got nothing valuable to offer other than, what? Champagne and dick?"

Lauryn and I looked between us, confused, "Yeah, I'll take some of that," I shrugged and Shelley scoffed in response.

"I'm busy working all weekend, anyway, and I ain't got a babysitter," This was always Shelley's excuse.

"Aww, come on," Lauryn grinned, trying to persuade her but Shelley just rolled her eyes.

The door clicked open and Jaq walked in, Lauryn's sister. "Stop slamming the door, man!" Lauryn snapped, kissing her teeth. Jaq was wearing a yellow crop top, a camo jacket and camo pouch, a silver chain and cargo trousers.

Jaq ignored her, "Wagwan," She greeted me.

"Hi, Jaq," I replied, smiling at her.

"What you saying? You alright, yeah?"

Before I could respond, Lauryn spoke, "Liyah don't wanna talk to you," She snapped and I rolled my eyes again.

"Where's mum?" Jaq asked her sister.

"Out," Lauryn replied, shortly.

"When's she back?"

"The fuck should I know?"

There was more tapping on the door and Jaq went to answer it. "That girl thinks she's a player, ya'know," Lauryn murmured, even though it was clear enough for Jaq to hear. Then, Lauryn had a good look at her nails and began woo-ping.

Although, I was slightly more focused on what was going on at the door. A man I recognised as Dris walked in, I only stopped watching when my name was called. "Aaliyah, what you think?" Lauryn asked, flaunting her nails.

"Mm, yeah, girl, I already told you they were looking sexy, innit," I responded and we started laughing.

"Where is it?" Dris asked Jaq, quietly.

"What, you want it now?" She asked him, looking slightly confused.

"What'd you think I come here for?" Dris said, as if it was obvious.

in the ends // jaq On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara