07

Jaq and I went to the caff to wait for Dushane. Ruben had been arrested and Jaq had to tell him. Dushane came in, "What you sayin'?" He asked, sitting down at our table.

"The feds were already at Ruben's garage by the time Kieron and them man got there," Jaq said, instantly, "They took his whips, everythin'."

"And what about the yard?" Dushane asked. 

"Feds got there first too," I said.

"Who's his solicitor?" He asked, "We need someone reliable on this ting, ya'know,"

"I've already got Wilson Lee onto it," Jaq assured him.

"Good," He nodded, "Listen, I wanna know every question they're askin' him and I wanna know every reply he's givin' back, you get me?"

"Say nothin'," Jaq nodded.

"Good," He said. He noticed something up with us, and it was the Lauryn situation. "What's up?" He asked.

"It's Lauryn," Jaq admitted and he seemed to sigh internally. He nodded for her to continue. "She's pregnant."

"It's not mine, is it?" Dushane joked, in a serious tone. I scoffed a laugh and wrinkled my nose. "I'm happy for her. What do you want me to say?"

"She's pregnant to a psycho, and that psycho's got a psycho sister that's way more fuckin' psycho than what he is," I explained, "She's scared, Dushane. She's proper scared that they're gonna try do her or sumtin',"

"She knows who Sully is, right? Yeah? She know how scary he is?" Dushane said, he didn't seem too bothered. "Now, I guarantee you Lauryn's psycho ain't more psycho than Sully. At least she's got a chance with her one, 'cause she ain't got a chance with ours."

"Only four people know what Lauryn did," Jaq said, "You, me, Shelley and Aaliyah. I ain't gonna tell Sully and Shelley and Liyah ain't gonna tell him neither."

"Listen, Lauryn ain't comin' back," Dushane said, firmly, "End of." He said, "Jaq go to work," She sighed as we got up and left the caff, without saying no goodbyes.

I could tell Jaq was pissed as fuck, now. She didn't say nothin' the whole time we was walking away from the caff. And I didn't wanna say anythin', I didn't want to set her off.

—————————

Jaq went to work and I stayed at the house. She was pissed about Dushane and told me to stay home. I was bored out of my mind waiting for Jaq to come home. I was laying on her bed with my phone in my hand. I was literally pyjama shorts and a tank top, as if I was going to sleep.

I felt like spam messaging her, telling her to hurry up but that would piss her off. So, I rang her instead. I bit the tip of my thumb while waiting for her to pick up. She finally did after a couple rings.

"Yo," She said.

"When are you coming home?" I asked, immediately.

"Soon, babes, don't worry," She told me and I sighed, "What's the matter? Are you alright?"

"Mhm," I hummed, "I just miss you,"

I heard her laugh lightly, "I'm coming, soon, yeah? I'll leave in five minutes,"

"Alright, in a bit," I said, sighing again.

"In a bit," She replied and hung up the phone.

Maybe I should have just gone
with her like usual. Whatever. I sighed and began to scroll on instagram. I waited impatiently for about 20 minutes and then Jaq finally came home.