05

My feelings for Jaq hadn't changed. I wanted to make a move, I seriously did but I know what she's involved in. Getting with her puts me as her weak spot, meaning if someone had a target on her they could potentially harm me to get to her.

But this crush was getting bad, now. I've finally understood and accepted that yes, I am bisexual. Now I just had to deal with it.

Since I'd been staying with Jaq, we'd gotten much closer than before. If she was home in the evening, we'd watch bullshit on tv and always have a cup of tea in the morning. I stayed in Lauryn's old room and Jaq stayed in hers.

It was evening again and we were chilling on the sofa. Jaq had gotten takeaway for us and we were watching tipping point. She was on her phone and I was on mine so really we weren't watching anything. I was trying to think of the best way to speak to her about it.

A question was said on the show and Jaq looked up. The contestant got the answer wrong and she shook her head, "Dickhead, that was easy," Jaq said but I just kept gazing at her. She looked back down on her phone and must've felt my gaze on her. "Yeah?" She said, looking up.

"Wait, wait, I just wanna try something quickly..." I breathed and then cupped her cheek with my hand.

"What are you..?"

I leaned forward and kissed her softly. It took a second and then started to kiss me back. Her lips were soft and she tasted of fresh, mint gum mixed with weed. It was odd but it was so sweet. The kiss was short but everything I've been waiting for the past few months. I pulled away and looked at her for a second, "I-" I said, about to explain myself but she cut me off by kissing me again.

We were kissing for a minute longer until Jaq pulled away. She glanced at my lips and then smirked at me. "I'm sorry, I-" I tried to apologise but she cut me off.

"Why are you apologising?" Jaq asked, "Never knew you moved like that, otherwise I would've done something a long time ago,"

I shook my head, "I- I don't, I mean, I do, but this is all new to me, I've been... I've been crushing on you for time," I stammered and Jaq chuckled at me, "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's cute," She said and I smiled, looking down, feeling slightly flustered.

"So what are we doing, then?" I asked, nervously, "I've never been with a girl before," I murmured, expecting her to frown but she just smirked at me.

"How 'bout I take you out, babes?" She offered and I smiled, "Yeah?"

"Mm," I hummed and she kissed me softly again.

————————

Attica was dead.

He'd been murdered and they found his body in a skip. I checked my phone when I woke up and saw the news article, I immediately went to find Jaq and tell her but she'd already left the house. This confused me, it was still early.

I got out of bed and quickly got dressed. I pulled my hair back into a low bun (it was curly again, sprung back into place as soon as I washed it.

Anyways, I put my coat on and left the house. I walked around a little and then saw Jaq standing just outside the block. A couple of the youngers were being spoken to by a fed and she seemed to be watching them. "Heard the news?" She asked me, as I came over.

"Mhm," I mumbled, "Are you alright?" I asked and she nodded, she sniffed and then wiped he mouth.

"Yo, Jaq," Someone called, we looked to the side and noticed it was Kieron.