16

AALIYAH'S POV

I had decided to leave the baby with my younger brother for the day. I have two brothers. My older brother, Emmanuel, was 24 when he got stabbed in the neck three times because he had an altercation with some next man. These three boys must've approached him and Manny refused to hand over his stuff so they bored him. As soon as Jaq found out, those man rode out.

This was almost 4 years ago, now, but it still brought tears to my eyes when I remembered.

My younger brother, Demario, is 20 and is already engaged. He's a good kid, so when he offered to babysit for a couple of days, I immediately said yes. His Fiancé, Megan, is lovely, too. I trusted them both.

I packed some stuff and then dropped the baby off at his yard. I stayed for like two hours and then went home. I hadn't heard from or seen Jaq in a week, but I didn't want to contact her. I know she needed time.

I was at home, now, getting dressed because I wanted to go down to the protest. I put on some black ripped jeans, a t-shirt, airforces and then grabbed my moncler. I fixed my hair and then went to open the door to leave, but someone knocked instead. I looked through the peephole and saw that it was Sully, Junior, Dushane and Kieron.

I opened the door with confusion. "Wagwan," I said buy got no response. Junior gave me a dirty look and then walked into my flat, followed by the other three. I returned his screw face and then turned to them all. Kieron was frowning and wasn't speaking. Something's up. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Where's Jaqs?" Sully asked me, immediately. No hello? No how have you been? Have some manners, who raised you?

"Probably in yard," I shrugged, "Ain't heard from or seen her in a few," I said and Junior scoffed, "What?" I snapped.

"Where's Jaqs?" Junior asked me, coming close to me and looking down.

I scoffed, "You don't scare me," I told him, "And like I said, probably in yard."

"Well, we just went round her yard and she ain't there," Dushane told me, "Again, where's Jaqs?"

"I don't know, then," I said, "Why? What's going on?" I asked, but Sully just shook his head.

"Call her," He told me, "Now, on speaker." He instructed.

I gave him a weird look but pulled out my phone. I rang her number but it only dialled twice before switching off. I shrugged, "Probably on dnd," I said, putting my phone away.

"Listen, hear from her or see her, bell me instantly," Sully ordered, "Understand?" I nodded.

The group made their way to leave but I weren't having it. "You can't just burst in like this, try and pressure me then tell me fuck all," I said, firmly, but got ignored. I grabbed Junior's arm, "What the fuck is go—"

My sentence got cut off by Junior shaking me off, slapping my face and then punching me hard so I got knocked to the floor. I yelped and grabbed my face. "Move, you stupid bitch," Junior murmured.

Without anymore words, the four left my flat and then I attempted to stand again. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a bruise forming. "Fuck.." I mumbled and went to the freezer. I grabbed a packet of frozen peas and held it to my face.

I chucked my jacket back onto the sofa and then sat down next to it.

Almost 20 minutes later, there was more knocking on my door. I grumbled and got up from the sofa. It was Jaq, she looked mad and scared.

"Where's the stuff?" Jaq asked me.

"What stuff?" I asked, confused.

"I sent you messages and shit telling you to get stuff together, where is it?"