14

I ended up leaving.

Jaq and I hadn't broken up but I knew if we stayed around each other during this time of pain, our relationship would loose its spark. I'd taken the baby, who still didn't have a name, and I was taking care of him.

I rang my work up and told them that I needed grievance leave, I gave them a proper hard time when they said I could only get a week. They gave in and gave me a month off, with pay, which was brilliant.

I was fucking exhausted. I was sat on my sofa with the baby monitor and I looked like a mess. I'd left the baby to sleep in my bedroom and now I finally had time to myself. I had a bottle of henny in my hand and I was just taking sips from it.

I heard a soft tap on the door and I got up to go answer it, putting my drink on the arm of the sofa. I opened the door to reveal Romy with a takeaway in his arms. "Yo," He said.

"Yo," I replied, letting him in and he shut the door behind him as he walked down my hall. We went into the living room and he wrinkled his nose.

"Liyah, it stinks of henny, blud," He said, "And why's it so fucking dark in here?" He asked, turning the light on. I clutched my forehead and groaned, sitting back down on the sofa and raising the bottle to my lips. "You look like a fucking mess, as well," He said, truthfully and I shrugged.

He sat down and took the henny from my hands. He took a sip himself and then put it on the coffee table. "What's goin on?" He asked, "You ain't alright, fam," He told me, I shrugged and he kissed his teeth, "Jaq was looking rough earlier,"

I shrugged,yet again. "What? You man break up?" He asked, looking at me.

I shook my head, "Nah, nah," I said, "Just... a break." I said, "We can't be around each other right now, all hell will break loose," I explained, sniffing. My eyes were red and the tears had started to sting, so I just let them fall.

Romy frowned, "Where's the baby?" He asked and I chucked the monitor at him. He looked down and smiled, "He got name yet?"

"Nah," I shook my head. I opened up my chicken box and started to munch on my food. I felt him staring at me with confusion, "What?" I asked, dropping the chicken bone into the box.

"Bro, talk to me," He urged, shuffling closer beside me, "Your my family, blud, my sister, you can talk to me," He said and I sighed.

I rubbed my forehead and sat back on the sofa, I squeezed the spot in between my eyebrows and shut my eyes. "I don't know what to do with my life right now, Romz," I admitted, I felt my voice break and tears slipped from my eyes, "I mean, the death anniversary of my brother's death is coming up, Lauryn's dead, I have to look after her baby, I don't know what the fuck is going on with Jaq and I," I said and began to sob.

Romy frowned at me and put his arm around my shoulders, "You and Jaq, yeah, your gonna get through it," He said, "Man knows, trust," He said and I smiled.

"To be honest, I don't think anyone knows," I murmured, I sniffed and laughed, "The baby don't even have a name," I said and Romy smiled.

"Ay, ay, what about Desmond?" He suggested and I side eyed him, "What? He gon' be a proper yard man!" He exclaimed and I laughed some more.

"You and Jaq are just the same," I said and Romy looked at me confused, "She wants to name the baby Delroy, after his granddaddy,"

Romy laughed, "Ayy, that's even better!" He said and I hit his shoulder. I smiled and rested my head on his arm, "I got you, yeah?" He said, "We're family, your basically my blood,"

"Thanks, Romz," I said, "I got you as well," I mumbled. "I'ma be okay, though... Should be, anyways,"

"Everything gets worse before they get better," He said, "But first, we need a name for the pickney,"

I chuckled a little, "We really, really do," I said.

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT IM SO SORRY😭😭😭😭.

idk how many chapters r gonna be left but I might do one from Jaq's pov to keep the storying going. I wanted to write about Aaliyah and Romy being best friends.

im so sorry it was so short but i still hope you enjoyed

thoughts???

next chapter might take a bit longer to come out because I want to release another chapter in the Jamie fic.

byeee!!

815 words