08

It was the day of that finals thing. The one Keziah, the girl who done Ats, would be at. Jaq and I were both still disturbed by Lauryn's return but we had put that aside because we had to get revenge for Ats.

Keziah walked along the street with her head down, looking at her phone. I was in the car with Kieron and Romy while Jaq approached her, "Wagwan, Keziah. I'm a friend of Ats," She said, after hitting her gut, causing the girl to double over, "Now get in the fucking car." She said, and shoved the girl in the car.

We took her to the bando and Jaq immediately started interrogating her but Keziah was putting on that innocent, what the fuck is going on act and weren't saying nothing. Acting bare fucking clueless as if her face weren't clear in the video footage. "The only way this lasts longer than it has to is if you start thinking that you gotta be on some bad gyal ting," Jaq said, aggressively.

"I swear, he didn't know he was gonna do that to the yout," Keziah shook her head, tears wetting her face, "I didn't know anything, please!" She begged, sobbing, I rolled my eyes.

Keziah's phone began to ring and Romy laughed. "Rah," He chuckled, pulling the phone out his pocket,"Ay, look at this." He showed me the phone and I scoffed with laughter.

"Mummy's callin'," I mocked, and Romy showed her the phone, "She's proper dinging you off, innit." Jaq took the phone, had a look and laughed.

"Mum must be proper worried," Kieron said, joking with us.

"Can we have this little chat with your mum?" Jaq said, "See if she knows anything."

"Don't, please, I'm begging," Keziah cried and then Jaq dashed the phone on the floor.

"Then start fucking talking, you dickhead!" Jaq yelled, causing Keziah to jump and cover her head.

She sobbed and looked up at Jaq, "If I tell you, he's gonna come find me and my mum." She cried, looking up with pleading eyes.

"Trust me, he ain't," Jaq said, " 'Cause the brudda's gonna be fully dead." She explained and Keziah cried some more, "All you gotta do is give me his name, and then you can go. For real. Be like this shit never even happened." She said but Keziah was still quiet.

"Just give me the name of the brudda that done Ats, where I can find him, then you can go," She broke it down, slowly, bending down to look Keziah in the eye.

————————

"Brudda's called Dexter," Jaq told Dushane the next morning when we were sat down at the caff with him. Kit, Si, Farah and Tyrone were also there, sat at different tables. "Girl knows him through a cousin or sumtin."

"Said that he paid her bills to make friends with this yout, give him two-two sweet lingo and that, make sure he got in the car," I explained, "Says that's all he told her."

"You believe her?" Dushane asked.

Jaq scoffed, "Don't feel to me that she's from road," She said, "She's moist, fam. She ain't about that life."

Dushane sighed, "Where do I find this fucking Dexter?" He asked.

"He's got a lock- up in Bow." Jaq said, "You want us to go down there?"

Dushane shook is head, "No," He said, "No, you two stay with the girl so we know she ain't chatting shit." Then he turned to everyone else sat in the caff.

"You lot," He said and the four looked at him, "Go down to this lock-up, yeah? Wait for this guy to come. When he comes, you shout me. I wanna chat to him face- to- face, you get me?"