이처럼 난 너에게 비처럼 흔적을 새긴 사람일까 (그게 아니라면 갑자기 내린 소나기처럼 그저 왔다가는 존재는 아닐까)

Loud droplets pounded against the glass as the two of them lay in bed, their breathing evening out. Their fingers laced and unlaced together, and Yeonjun murmured gentle words into Kai's skin as the storm outside raged on.

Lightning struck, and their faces were illuminated, the younger's features lit up by the bluish glow from outside for one quick moment, before they plunged into darkness once more.

In that single moment, he looked like an angel, carved out of marble by the great sculptors of the ancient times. The messy curls of hair, the parted lips, the big and expressive eyes.

He was stunning.

And Yeonjun loved him.

It was even more exhilarating, knowing that he had him now. Had this Adonis in bed next to him, could call him his , and watch his smile light up the dark room.

As his eyes wandered their bedroom, Yeonjun noticed that the small nightlight by their bedside had gone out.

The neighbors' house across the street had no lights. The street lamps were dark.

"Hyuka." He whispered, and his lover stirred, lazily drawing a heart over the smooth expanse of Yeonjun's back to show he was paying attention.

"I think the storm caused a power outage."

There was a slow silence as the words sunk in.

Then Kai's hands pulled him closer by the shoulders, their bare bodies rubbing against each other under the thin sheets.

A half groan tumbled past Yeonjun's lips, and he buried his face in the younger's neck.

He knew Kai didn't like the dark, didn't like it because without a source of light, sign as he might, there was no one to see, no one to understand.

It made him helpless.

Yeonjun kissed the younger boy chastely, assuring him the power would be back come morning. The worry lines on Kai's face dissolved, as the sleepy boy's eyes fluttered shut. His hands still held him loosely against him, needing the grounding weight of Yeonjun's body to feel at ease.

He had always slept better when they were together.

The light rain drummed against their windows, lulling them to sleep, and soon enough, Kai's breathing evened out, arms loosening.

Head resting on his boyfriend's chest, arms wrapped around his waist, Yeonjun sighed contently, dropping a soft kiss to the bare skin before attempting to follow him into dreamland.

It was warm, that night, with Kai so close against him, and the fond feeling in his chest spreading sunshine throughout his entire body.

Smiling, he let himself be pulled to sleep, knowing that come morning, he had a few phone calls to make.

The cafe was buzzing with activity that day, as the exhausted student population trode in to grab a coffee and a bite after their share of the day's exams was over.

The line stretched outside, but moved fairly quickly, and the general atmosphere remained relieved as the stress of the day slowly left, and the upcoming summer vacation was one step closer.

Yeonjun parked his car, humming a little under his breath, loosening his tie from work and leaving the heavy jacket in the backseat.

He grabbed his briefcase and headed towards the cafe's entrance, but upon spying the line, wheeled around and headed in the opposite direction.

The back door opened easily, and the sweet smell of Kai's baking welcomed him home.

He smiled, ducking into a nearby room to change, and emerging a few minutes later in one of the spare tees he kept there for days like this one.

"Good afternoon!" He greeted the next customer that stood in line, relieving the barista that had been working the counter for the last few hours. "What can I get for you?"

His bright dimpled smile made her blush, and she looked down for a second or two, playing with the ends of her hair, before ordering.

Jotting the order down, he sent it to the back, and gave her a number, telling her to wait at a nearby table to be called, before he moved onto the next customer, that same dimpled smile on display.

The afternoon sun shone through the windows, getting lower as the cafe slowly emptied, the last of the students leaving with promises to come again.

As the door swung shut for the last time, and their part-time barista hung up her apron and bid everyone good night, Yeonjun finally started to close up.

He wipes the tables carefully, pocketing lost items to dump in their lost-and-found behind the counter. The mopped floors glisten as he finishes with them, ready for whoever opens tomorrow.

Yeonjun closes the cash register with a click, and flicks off the light in the front of the cafe, humming as he walks back to the kitchens.

Leaning against the door frame, he watches his boyfriend wipe down the counters, late evening sun streaming in through the window opposite, creating a golden glow around the younger.

The dark shirt Kai is wearing under his apron has white streaks of flour on it, and there's more on his face and hands. He's tired, but happy, smiling when he turns around to see Yeonjun waiting for him.

Hey.

Hey. Good day today?

Kai nodded, coming closer to lean against him, a hand slipping around Yeonjun's waist. His head rested against the elder's shoulder, and he closed his eyes for a moment, a small smile on his face.

"Tired?" Yeonjun asked, running a hand through Kai's hair, noting to himself that it had, once again, grown to the length where he could probably tie it back.

Kai nodded. A little.

"Let's go home then." He decided for both of them, tugging the younger boy behind him. Huening Kai reluctantly followed, clinging to him as they went, exhaustion clear on his rosy face.

They're in the car soon, and Yeonjun pulls his jacket out the backseat, wrapping it around his boyfriend despite the younger's half-hearted protests.

I'm covered in flour and sugar.

"I'll wash it."

The sun has set as they find the main road, heading home.

"Hyuka."

Huening Kai squeezes Yeonjun's hand to show he was listening.

"Lea texted me; she and Bahiyyih are coming home tomorrow, can you pick them up from the airport?"

What about the cafe?

Yeonjun glances away from the road for a moment. "I have a half-day tomorrow – your part-timer can open, and I'll be there to close. I just can't make their flight – I won't be at the airport in time."

Huening Kai nods, his head falling back against the seat. It'll be nice to see them.

"Mn." Yeonjun smiles, and reaches for the radio knob, turning to Kai's favorite station.