everything (has changed)

Kai nodded, his light eyes flooding with tears, and as Yeonjun stood, he was nearly knocked off his feet by his boyfriend, the younger man hugging him tighter than he thought possible.

Kai's tears soaked his shirt, but he didn't mind, wrapping his arms around him to hold him closer, an involuntary smile creeping over his face as he realized that Kang Taehyun had, once again, been right.

Everything was alright.

It was more than alright.

When Kai finally pulled away, and their eyes met again, he couldn't help but laugh, relief flooding him.

Kai's tears were contagious, and he could feel the first of his escaping to roll down his face.

I love you. He signed to Kai, unable to speak.

I love you. Kai mirrored him.

And Yeonjun took his hand, slipping the ring on.

Slow clapping made them look up, and Kai moved closer to Yeonjun, embarrassed as their friends flooded in, whooping and congratulating them.

"Damn, he really cried." Beomgyu noted, hitting Yeonjun on the shoulder, before noticing the twin tear tracks down his face, too. "What the hell? You cried too?! Someone get a camera, I don't think I've ever seen hyung cry sober!"

And then Lea was there, hugging her younger brother tightly before moving to stand next to Yeonjun, winking and shoving him a Starbucks receipt.

"How long did this take?" Bahiyyih asked as she finally got the chance to talk to him. "This is a hell of a project to do in what? One hour Kai was away?"

Yeonjun shrugged. "To be honest, I couldn't have done it alone in three years. It's all on Soobin – he's the organizer here. I'm a lot more in the moment."

She nodded. "One hour, though. Damn. I should have him plan my study-sessions."

Yeonjun snorted. "I had to call Lea like three times to stall for time. It was a very close call."

"Is she making you pay for her coffee?" Bahiyyih asked, sticking her hand out. "Give me the receipt. I'll take care of it."

Yeonjun handed it over, knowing starting a 'no, i'll do it' argument against her was a lost cause.

"How did you decide on the photos?" She asked as Kai came back, tucking himself under Yeonjun's arm, tired. He perked his head up at the question, curious too.

Yeonjun shrugged. "Kai once said he remembers things in snapshots, rather than stories. Individual moments rather than whole days." His hand went to play with his fiance's hair absent-mindedly. "So it seemed only natural."

"And the notes?"

"I've always saved them." Yeonjun confessed, blushing. "I've got a whole box for them at home."

"Heeseung-ah!" Yeonjun called out, grabbing a bagel from the kitchen. "Need a ride to work?"

The younger man was tying his tie. "Sure. Thanks hyung."