<<sixteen>>

"come out, come out, wherever you are!"

minho giggled as he was hiding from his mother. they both were playing hide-and-seek as she was looking for her son.

the little boy ran quietly and barged into a random room and closed the door behind him. however, he was just a little boy so the door closing might be produced a loud sound and it could alert his mother.

minho panicked slightly as he did not want her to find him that quick so his brilliant idea was to hide under the table. it happened to be his father's office room so he ran to his father's desk and pushed the chair out of his way. when he got comfortable, he pulled the chair again toward him but the chair was too heavy and it accidentally hit the pc on that was located under the desk as well.

minho froze on his spot as the desktop and the pc were running on top of his head. he slowly crawling out from his spot as he looked up to see the desktop screen was lighting up. being a curious child as he was, he started to crawl up the chair and facing the screen, tilting his head.

the little boy stared on the screen, somehow the desktop was unlocked, surprisingly. he looked down at the keyboard, humming softly before he started to press one of the keypads. his eyes lightened up before he started to press many of them while giggling loudly.

as he was pressing them, suddenly he pressed a key that activated something on the desktop. he stopped when he heard a machine on his right side has switched on. minho always have high curiosity, he would try on everything he saw.

he climbed down the chair and wadded to the weird machine from his perspective.

"new scan is activated."

"minho?" footsteps were heard from the outside of the office room.

"minho!"

"minho, no!!"

minho wakes up from his dream as his body jolts up from the bed. sweats rolling down on his forehead as he looks around in his room. his faze then turns on the left to glance at his clock.

4:08 a.m.

"god damn it" he rubs his face with his hands roughly before he gets up and washes himself, he does it quickly before anyone awakes in the house.

when he is done, he glances at the clock again and it only takes 15 minutes for him to finish. after he wears his clothes, it is 4:30 a.m now, he hums quietly as he is thinking about whether he wants to sneak into his father's office or not. he has made his decision and opens his door slowly before quietly tip toeing in the hallway.

the teenager looks around before he slips into the office and closes the door behind him. the room is dark so it is hard for him to look around. he takes his moment to adjust the lights from the window outside because he does not want to get caught by switching the lights on. the first thing he does is he walks to the desk. mr lee's desk is very neat, from the large surfaces items to the smallest ones, he even put his documents arranged very tidy.

minho thinks that the room will be messy as the aforementioned is a very busy businessman. he scans the wooden-made furniture as his eyes land on the arranged documents. he does not know what is he thinking but his instincts are strong enough to tell him to check on them.

so he did. the young man checks on them one-by-one. he looks the contents on each of them, he cannot read them for sure but everything looks nothing suspicious but only his father's company matters when he sees tables with numbers inside.

minho still feel the uneasiness on his chest even when he already checked the documents, he feels there is something more in the office. as result, he starts to go through the drawers now. he wants to know what is mr lee hiding from him after he heard the conversation yesterday.

he rummages them until he sees a document with different logo on the front cover. he slowly takes the document carefully before he closes the drawer and put the document on top of the desk.

he inspects the front cover, to see a logo with two creatures that he does not know what are those. in the middle of them is one water drop with three red stripes in it. he opens the content only to see a blank paper and a massive red stamp on the paper with the word 'confidential'. he cannot read them but he may know the meaning of the word. he closes the document and decides to bring it with him. before he can do that, he tries to find a document that has the same color with that one. he finds it on the shelf behind the chair, he takes one of them and he replaces the confidential document's spot. he smiles smugly as he feels proud to himself, he is sure that his father won't find out.

as he is about to reach for the doorknob, it twists by itself and the door is pushed open. minho quickly presses his back on the wall behind the door as the door opens wide and he sees a figure comes inside. he looks to the left a little bit to see through the cracks and notices the figure is actually his own father.

mr lee looks around the office room, as if he knows someone is in here. he watches when the older goes through everything on his desk, checking everything even in the drawers. minho's breathe hitches when he can his father's body is getting more tense as he opens one drawer and stops his movement whilst staring into it. he can feel his sweats rolling on his back, he bites his bottom lip tightly as he is afraid he will make any noises, even the slightest.

mr lee stares into the drawer, checking the inside before he closes it and looks at the window as if he is checking at it too. after it feels like an eternity, mr lee decides to step out of the office and closes the door.

minho let out a breath that he does not realise he is holding in, hugging the document tightly to his chest. when he does not hear any footsteps in the hallway, he sneaks out to go to his bedroom. he glances the clock,

5:24 a.m.

no wonder his father is awake. he facepalms himself as he takes long time in that office. he hides the document under his mattress as he sighs softly. he needs to wake up at 7 and he cannot go back to sleep right now.

he then takes out a phone from his drawer of his desk, chan bought it for him last week and the elder already put his number into that contact lists. he checks the number as he stares at it. he does not want to call him as it is still early but he cannot text him either.

minho let out a frustrated sigh as he needs to wait few more hours before he can call the elder.

<<<>>>

look at me, i am aLiiIiIiiiiiVVeeEE