PASSAGE 5

It's has been a week, and today is the day Rebecca will give her answer.

"Oh, Ms. Song, are you here to give your answer?" The teacher, who is assigned for the festival, asked. When she saw Rebecca inside her office.

Coups, standing behind the teacher, turned to face him. He panicked when he saw Rebecca.

When their eyes met, Rebecca immediately looked away. And Coups began to ask himself why he was avoiding her. Rebecca wants to pretend they're strangers, but Coups isn't acting like one.

Coups is sweating profusely as they approached the teacher's desk, and the atmosphere became even more awkward as the two of them acted as if each other wasn't there.

"I assume both of you already made your decision."

"I don't understand..why we were both chosen for the role.." Rebecca asked while looking down.

'Oh..well.." Sabi ng guro habang nakatitig sa dalawang estudyante.

"Well, I did explain it to Ms. Song why she got picked, but there's another reason for that." Napabuntong-hininga ang guro. "May tradisyon na ang mga nakatatanda ay gagawa ng role playing tuwing pista."

Mabagal na tumango sina Coups at Rebecca.

"Pero. ang hindi niyo alam.. I picked the students by how least their activities were from the previous festivals." Sumilay ang ngiti sa mukha ng guro. "And the both of you had the least activities. Pareho kayong hindi sumipot noong linggo ng festival."

Parehong nakanganga sina Coups at Rebecca habang hindi makapaniwalang kumurap. Tama ang sinabi ng guro, kahit tumulong si Rebecca sa pag-aayos sa kanyang klase, wala siya roon dahil hindi siya mapakali at naisip niya na sayang ang oras. Higit pa rito, hindi niya maitatanggi na nababatid siya sa tuwing may dadalo.

Ayaw sumali ni Coups sa festival, lalo na ngayong senior year na siya, at ito na ang huling pagkakataon para makapunta sila sa nationals. Gagamitin niya ang linggo para magsanay nang mas mabuti.

Pareho silang hindi nakaimik, dahil pinagsisihan nila kung paano nag-backfire sa kanila ang kanilang mga nakaraang aksyon.

"Oh goodness, don't get upset!" Hinampas ng guro ang kanyang mga kamay sa mesa. "You guys don't know how much fun to do a stage play!"

"P-pero...I dont..wanna be the lead..." Kumakabog ang puso ni Rebecca sa sinabi niya ang gusto niya. "I can do..something..but not as lead..please!" Karaniwang hindi niya kayang tanggihan ang ganito, lalo na kung galing sa isang guro.

Walang kamalay-malay na tumingin si Coups kay Rebecca.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Song, but I can't do that." Umiling ang guro.

"Fine, I will accept the role po."

Ayaw sabihin ni Rebecca na may social anxiety siya. Dahil ang bawat taong pinagkatiwalaan niya, sinabi na nasa kanyang ulo at ginagawa niya ito.

Especially now that the teacher can say that she's making excuses.

"We, the organizers, will guide you all." The teacher added, Rebecca nodded shyly.

Later, Rebecca remained silent, as usual.

But the captain of the volleyball team was watching her, and he was a little offended by her appearance. He thought she was refusing because of him.

"This is our last chance to win and go to nationals." Coups says this because he wants to practice.

"But it's because your team doesn't get to practice, right? You will be excused." The teacher massaged his temples and sighed. “You have to understand that our decisions are final."

"However, one question, what story shall we do?" Coups asked.

"We're doing 'Regal Academy'." A playful grin was plastered on the teacher's face.

Rebecca and Coups, however, titled their heads in confusion. First of all, they both don't know the story. Second, they don't know the character's names.

"What kind of show is Regal Academy??" Rebecca asked hesitantly.

"It's about an average teenager who is as obsessed with shoes as her fairy tales. Things change when she discovers a magic key that will open a new world where fairy tales live. After falling into Fairy Tale Land, she learns that she has a magical family legacy - Cinderella is her next generation of fairytales, with Cinderella being her grandmother. of princes and princesses how to be heroes. Now, she learns to use her magic and live her famous last name, along with new friends."

"Uh..what?" Both Coups and Rebecca said.

"Ang Regal Academy ay isang serye, ngunit ang kuwento ay mapuputol." Mapait na sabi ng guro. "We will be doing the first episode, tapos dadagdagan lang namin yung romantic scene para sa mga characters mo."

"Ikaw, Mr. Smith ay perpekto para sa papel ni Hawk Snowwhite, ang apo ni Snow White, at pati na rin ang love interest ng karakter ni Ms Song." Dagdag niya habang nakatingin kay Coups.

"And Ms. Song, you dear will be challenged for this role because it is far different from you. You will be playing the granddaughter of Cinderella, Rose Cinderella."

"Are you done? You're late for the meeting." Another teacher appeared at the door, and she quickly ran to said meeting.

Everything went so fast that the teacher forgot about them.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Rebecca decided to leave the office altogether.

Coups tried to open his mouth to speak, but he couldn't find the words. His heart was pounding as he watched his retreating figure.

He couldn't figure out why he was so shy when it came to her.