Chapter 02|He's Back

🫀

🫀

Lu had just changed into comfortable clothes when she received a text from Chad telling her to come to the Carpenters' apartment right away.

"What the hell is going on?" Lu asked as she sat down next to Ethan. ''Shh,'' hissed Tara. Lu rolled her eyes, sometimes she liked Tara but sometimes she could be a huge pick me.

"Two bodies were found in this apartment. The victims are Jason Carvey and Greg," the reporter told the people. 

"Oh shit. That's that guy from our film studies class who is obsessed with Argento," Mindy spoke up as she looked at Ethan and Lu. "Ghostface costumes were found. A character made famous by the Stab films," added the reporter. "Get your things, we're leaving in ten," Sam said to Tara. "Sam, Sam wait a minute," begged Tara, but Sam was busy grabbing a knife. "Come with me," hissed Sam to her sister. "Wait, maybe it has nothing to do with us," said Tara to her sister. "Everyone is dressed up for Halloween!"

"Tara, this is no coincidence," snapped Sam. "You knew him," added Sam as she pointed to the TV. "Hardly," lied Tara. Lu raised an eyebrow. "Chad, Mindy. Little back up please," pleaded Sam to the twins. "It's a little...," muttered Chad as he looked doubtfully at Tara. "Close to home," Mindy added.

"See?" asked Sam to Tara. Tara wanted to open her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "Quinn, your dad's a cop right?" asked Tara. Quinn nodded. "Can you ask him what's going on?"

Quinn nodded and got up and walked to her room to call her father. 

"Thank God I said that before you made the decision that I should give up my college!" Tara yelled at Sam. "Damn," Lu muttered. Ethan chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Are you really choosing college over your own life?" asked Sam in disbelief to her little sister.

Everyone fell silent as Sam's phone went off. Fortunately, it was Gale instead of Fuckface. Sam clicked 'decline' and put the phone in her pocket. 

"Why does everyone freak out when her phone goes off?" asked Ethan. "You really have to keep up my friend," Lu said to Ethan. "Sam, my dad wants to talk to you," said Quinn as she held out her phone to Sam. Sam took the phone and talked with Bailey. 

"I have to go to the station," sighed Sam as she hung up. "Good luck!" shouted Anika to Sam. "I'll come with you, I have to go shopping for my cat anyway," said Lu as she stood up. Ethan looked worriedly at Lu. "Oh come on Ethan, don't look at me like that. I'll be fine."

Ethan rolled his eyes as Mindy began to laugh. "She can take care of herself, have you seen her in karate class? She took me down like I was a pillow or something," laughed Chad. Lu laughed at the memory. "And since when do you have a cat?"