Chapter 04|I'm A Suspect?

🫀

🫀

Lu was at the university to discuss some things. "Okay nerds! Listen up! How terrifying this all is, I'm actually glad that this is a chance I can redo myself. Last time was not my best time," muttered Mindy the last as she stood infront of the group. "It's fine. The way I see it someone is making a sequel to the requel."

"Uhm..What's a requel?" Anika asked as she raised her hand. "You're beautiful sweetie. Let's hold the questions to the end," said Mindy with a smile to her girlfriend. Anika smiled at the compliment. "Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro and Stab 2 at a university," Sam spoke up as she raised an eyebrow.

"Do we think that the killers are trying to copy the movies?" asked Tara. "That's one possibility. The hero's are now in college, check. New suspicious suspects are out for the list, check, check," said Mindy as she pointed to Ethan, Quinn, Lu and Anika. "I don't like this," said Ethan from beside Lu. Lu chuckled and rolled her eyes.

How the hell could Mindy have this much kind of energy in the morning?

"But it can't be just about Stab 2," Mindy continued. "Why not?" Tara asked with a frown. "That wouldn't make sense, because nowadays no one makes sequels! We are in a franchise! And there are certain rules to continue that franchise," Mindy explained. "I already had a feeling," sighed Lu. "Rule one: Everything needs to be bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger bodycounts, beheading," Mindy explained excitedly. "Beheading?" asked Chad to his sister. "Yeah," answered Mindy. Chad nodded and took some notes. 

"Rule two: Whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by difference. If the killers were last time movie nerds, then you can expect something else this time. And rule three: No one is safe! Legacy characters are not safe! They usually will be brought back, but will be killed anyways. Not looking too good for Gale and Kirby. Owh, and that's not even the worst part."

"Oh this is the part where she tells the worst thing," Chad said as he rolled his eyes, clearly he heard this tons of times before. "Franchises are continuing just to boost some money. That means main characters can also be replaceable. Laurie Strode, Nancy Thompson, Ellen Ripley, Sally Hardesty, Jigsaw, Tony Stark, James Bond. And even Luke Skywalker died. Just so the franchise could live on," Mindy explained. "That doesn't mean only the friend group, but any of us can go any time. Especially Sam and Tara."

"Very positive this early in the morning," Lu muttered under her breath. Ethan held out the bag of cheetos to Lu. Lu took a handful of cheetos as she listened to Mindy.

"Wait any of us?" Ethan asked nervously. "Yeah," answered Mindy. "Am I apart of the friend group?" Ethan asked. Mindy nodded. "Am I one of the targets now?" he asked as he swallowed the lump in his throat away. "Am I gonna die a virgin?" 

Lu frowned as she looked at him. Lu chuckled and looked again at Mindy who looked at Ethan oddly. 

"That was a weird over share. That brings us to our current suspects. Ethan, the shy dorky guy who no one suspects. Because he is so shy and dorky," Mindy told him. "Wait, wait. Why am I on the suspect list? Because I'm randomly Chad's roommate?" Ethan asked her. "You could have arranged that to get closer to him," Mindy scoffed as she looked at her brother. 

"Quinn. The slutty roommate. A horror movie classic," said Mindy as she walked towards Quinn. "Sex positive, but thank you?" Quinn asked her with a frown. "How did you come by Sam and Tara?" Mindy asked her. "I answered their ad online," Quinn answered. "Okay say no more!" laughed Mindy. "It was a anonymous ad, Mindy. And her dad is a cop," Tara defended Quinn. 

"That makes it more likely that she is the killer. Her dad being a cop is a good excuse. You don't remember how these movies work Tara?!" Mindy asked her in disbelief. "Is she always like this?" Quinn asked Lu. Lu shrugged.

"And Lu," Mindy said with a smile as she stood in front of Lu. "Why am I a suspect? I was literally with Sam and Tara when Ghostfuck attacked them," Lu defended herself. "There was only one Ghostface once. Usually there are two," Mindy told her. "Great," muttered Lu sarcastically. "How come you came to live next to Sam and Tara?" asked Mindy. "Uh...it was one of the last apartments left," Lu explained as if it was obvious.

Mindy nodded doubtfully as she squeezed her eyes together before walking over to Anika. 

"And finally Anika," said Mindy with a smile. Anika blew a kiss and Mindy recieved it with a smile. "Never trust the love interest." Anika her mood switched really fast.

"Okay, so we have our rules and we have our suspects," Sam spoke up. "Wait, wait. What about you guys?" Ethan asked. "I mean, I think it's pretty safe to say that we aren't the killers," laughed Mindy. "We've been through this last year in Woodsboro." "Agree," said Chad as he pointed his pencil to his sister. 

"Uhm...Not agree. What if all the trauma you've been through caused one of you or more to snap?" Quinn asked. "Or the fame you got after the killings made you thirsty for more," Ethan added. "I mean to be honest, some of the theories about Sam online are..."

"Don't you fucking dare!" snapped Tara angrily. Ethan widened his eyes and sighed. "Okay, she is right though. If we are all suspects, you are also suspects," said Lu as she pointed at the core four.

"I'm a suspect?" asked Ethan, still surprised, before snorting. Lu chuckled and put a cheeto in her mouth.  

🫀