Chapter 07|Ladder Survival

🫀

🫀

"Hey, Lu. What are you doing back already?" Mindy asked as she raised an eyebrow. "My parents and I got in a fight, don't worry it's nothing," said Lu as she walked into Tara and Sam's apartment. "It smells great in here."

"Yeah, that surprised me too. Usually Chad lets the food burn," laughed Mindy. Lu chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Hey, Lu," said Sam with a smile to the younger girl. "Hey," said Lu with a faint smile.

Lu studied Sam. She did indeed looked a lot like Billy and Heather. She had her mother's hair and her father's dark eyes.

"Is something wrong, Lu?" Sam asked when she realized Lu was staring at her. "No, sorry. I got lost in my thought for a moment," Lu lied with a nervous laugh. 

Lu took off her coat and sat next to Anika on the couch as the Core Four were eating. "Make out already!" Mindy shouted to Chad and Tara. Lu chuckled as she turned toward the TV again. "Shut up!" yelled Chad back at his twin sister. 

"Guys!" Lu shouted as the news suddenly turned to the Ghostface attacks. "Sources have determined that the prime suspect is Samantha Carpenter, who survived the murders in 2022," the journalist told the people.

The color in Sam's face disappeared.

"Last night she attacked a woman on the street." 

The video of Sam yelling at the girl was shown on the news. Sam frowned angrily and sadly. 

"After the 2022 Woodsboro murders, rumors surfaced online that Carpenter was behind the murders and blamed her boyfriend Richie Kirsch and Amber Freeman," the journalist said. "Oh, we're getting more information. The body of 20-year-old Frankie Miller has just been found in his apartment. It looks like Ghostface has struck again, or to say better that Samantha Carpenter has struck again."

Sam had had enough and turned off the TV.

"Frankie is that asshole who flirted with me at the party," Lu spoke up. She looked at Mindy who was now looking doubtfully at Lu. "What, you think I'm behind it?"

"Mm, you weren't here this afternoon, it's rather suspicious," said Mindy doubtfully. "I have proof that I was in Woodsboro," said Lu frustrated. "What were you doing in Woodsboro?" asked Tara. "My parents have been living there for a month. I-I have proof, I swear," said Lu as tears welled up in her eyes. Lu ran to her coat and pulled out the train ticket. 

"Mm, this doesn't prove enough, sorry," said Mindy. Lu rolled her eyes and plopped down next to Anika on the couch. "But I'm not a killer," whispered Lu. "Maybe it's better if you go, Lu," said Mindy. "Fine," sighed Lu. "I understand, it's for your safety."