Chapter 05|Is This Real

🫀

🫀

"Where are you going?" Mindy asked as Lu walked to another subway. "To my parents," said Lu, "I promised them." Mindy squeezed her eyes together. "Okay, fine. But if a murder happens in the meantime, you're at the top of my list," Mindy said as she pointed to Lu. Lu rolled her eyes. "Be careful, okay," said Ethan to his crush. Lu nodded and got into the subway.

The subway was almost completely empty except for a few people. Not many people take the subway toward Woodsboro. No one wants to live in that horror town these days. Not after all the murders. They also call it a cursed town. 

Her parents had bought the house from Heather McCoy. It had stood empty for years after the world found out she was one of the three behind the murders.

Lu was so relieved when she could finally move out, away from that horror house. She still had no idea why her parents had bought that house. Her mother thought her father had bought it because he used to be in love with Heather. 

After two hours, she was finally at the Woodsboro stop. Lu stepped out, when she was suddenly pulled into a crushing hug. "My little Lucretia," said Richard, her father. "It's Lu, Dad. You know I hate that name," Lu chuckled. Lu smiled at her mother who stood behind Rcihard. 

"How are you doing? Did you have a good trip?" her father asked her. "Richard, take it easy," Anna hissed at her husband. Lu chuckled. "We saw on the news what happened. Thank god you got away from those Carpenter sisters," Richard growled. '"It's not their fault," said Lu as she walked to her father's car. "I don't trust that Sam," sighed Anna. "Sam didn't do anything. She wasn't behind those murders last year either!" shouted Lu as she sat in the car. 

"How do you know that huh? We were still living in Florida when that happened," Richard snapped. Lu sighed and leaned against the window of the car. This was certainly not how she had pictured a day with her parents.  

🫀

A shiver went down Lu her spine as she saw her parents' home. The house had something frightening about it. Maybe because it was the home of a serial killer.

"I'm sorry, Lu," said Richard as they got out. Lu frowned. "That I went off on you like that." "It's okay, Dad. I understand you just want to protect me," said Lu with a faint smile. Her father nodded. 

Lu stepped into the house feeling sick. Like she was being watched. Lu looked over her shoulder, but she didn't see anyone. Lu entered the house with a strange gut feeling. Something wasn't right. 

"I have to be back home tonight. I promised my friends I was going out to dinner with them," Lu lied. The truth was that Lu wanted to get out of this house as soon as possible. How could her parents live here?