one

javelin group is just one of the deadly mafia groups there is out there. they have few rumors going around such as kidnapping elite people and killing some to keep their members safe.

their known members are jaehyun, johnny, mark, yangyang, chenle, renjun, jaemin, taeyong and taeil. they're just lurking out there like how normal people do it.

well, also because they had to in order to plan something out. just like now.

🏴

❝my dear students, i have to say goodbye now!❞ i wave them goodbye.

the kids looked at me with sad eyes.

❝i promise i'll be back, soon!❞

yehey!❞

❝bye, bye, teacher haechan!❞

❝okay, bye!❞ i got out of the room and finally breathed out.

it's been so long since i met them and now that i'm leaving again, i feel so sad. but surely, there is a next time is there?

these kids don't deserve it here. if their parents were just responsible enough to take care of them, they wouldn't be in such poor place.

i'm finally walking out of the place because i had to get back to my friends whom i live with.

i'm a student and an orphan. i've lived in that same place that the kids live in for sixteen years of my life. i decided to leave because i don't feel mentally safe there anymore.

i'm more secure on my own and on my way to searching for a new home, i found a few friends—jeno, jisung and ten. they're my greatest treasure in life.

❝hey, haechan!❞ jeno waved a hand. he's busy throwing clothes in the basket.

meanwhile ten is out in front, feeding his cats. and jisung's just nowhere to be found. i'm guessing he's in his room again, just like always.

❝how was it?❞

❝terrible because i had to leave.❞ i complain while removing my shoes off. ❝i just hate those people who left their children out there. now they have no choice but to stay in a place they don't even like!❞

❝still that place keeps them alive, chan.❞ ten tapped my back.

but they should be given more!❞ i huff. ❝i hate their parents so much.❞

and yours too, right?❞

i nod. ❝right.❞

i was told that i was found at their doorstep. i was abandoned in the cold and had nothing on but a paper with my name written on it. of course they named me haechan and now i'm suffering life.

it's just so hard.

well, how about you come with me? i'll have to buy something for dinner.❞

i said yes since i had to keep my mind away from hatred anyway. so i put back my shoes on and locked arms with ten.

we sway together while we walk towards the wet market. it has been our tradition to go together and he buys me something that i like. that's why i love going there.

you're turning 18 tomorrow, right?❞

i nodded. ❝my fake birthday.

it's still your birthday. what do you want to have?❞