twelve

it's five in the morning. i could hear shotgun sounds all around and haechan's sobs beside me.

❝fuck, fuck.❞ i turn my car around, avoiding the guns. it's so peaceful around, it's just us and the other car.

❝who are they?❞ haechan cried.

doesn't matter.❞ i open my car window and aimed at their window. i failed, shit.

do you have your gun?❞

he sobbed. ❝yes, it's in my bag.❞

❝use it, faster!❞

okay, okay...❞ he sobbed and picked up his bag from behind while i try to avoid their shots. every single time they completely miss a hit and i think they're just aiming for the wheels.

fuck.

before i knew it, haechan climbed off window and aimed his gun at them.

haechan!❞

he completely hits their wheels a couple times. when their car turns around, i aimed at their window.

❝get the fuck down!❞ i pull haechan's waist back down. he doesn't listen, he still fires his shots even if the other car has already stopped.

i stop driving our own car so i could use both my arms to pull haechan down. he's back at his seat, crying and looking at his gun.

lee haechan!❞ i shake his face a couple times. ❝fuck! haechanah!❞

m-mark...❞ he cried.

oh god.❞

his head falls on my chest. my shirt immediately got wet when he buries his face deeper into my body.

❝i-i'm scared.❞ he sobbed.

shh, shh... don't be. i'm here, hmm?❞

rochambeau.❞

by the time that was mentioned, my blood boils to the extent. i fully opened my window and found johnny.

fucker.❞ i grit.

the boy raised his head and looked at where the voice came from. ❝h-hyung?❞

❝you know how this works, mark.❞ johnny cockily raises his brow and rests his arm on my window.

what's happening?❞ haechan looks so confused.

❝when we welcome a new comer in our group, we test them and that test is something we call rochambeau. you're not an exception, baby bear.❞ johnny explained so calmly, but i couldn't be as calm as he is.

i'm fucking mad. ❝did it have to be now?❞

the time and place doesn't matter at all for this test. you know that.❞

❝what test?❞ haechan is still sobbing. still his head is on mine because i don't let him get far, not even to his hyung.

❝you know baby bear, we do this to test if our members really do know what to do if there's suddenly an ambush. you did a great job, meanwhile mark didn't.❞ he pointed out and opened the car door from behind. i lock it before he could get in.

❝open it up.❞

i could've done well if haechan wasn't with me, johnny. you fucking scared him. you scared me!❞ i hissed.

that couldn't have happened if you didn't escape with my brother, mark.❞ he replied angrily. ❝i saw you both sneaking out late and i followed you. of all people, i couldn't believe it was you who brought him back here!❞