39.

A'nori Stone
February 2nd
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now everyone that knows me know I'm kind of extra, you know extravagant. And everyone that knows me and Jonah knows he's nothing like me in that way. He doesn't care much for the attention and the loud gestures and he only does them for me because he knows me well. It's 12am on his 24th birthday and I'm prepping for him in his penthouse.

He would scold me for not saying "our" but whatever

He's not here he should be back by about 8am, giving me about literally 8 hours to get everything how I want it.

This isn't me being procrastinator of the year either, he left yesterday at about 4. I had to hurry up and go pick up everything I ordered. I went a bitttt overboard and he told me not to but it's literally his birthday. And it's super unfair that he told me that knowing what he did for mines, granted I kind of asked for it. The minute I asked him what he wanted he said nothing, like conversation was literally so pointless.

*flashback*
2 days ago

"Good morning Jonah" I wrap my arms around his waist and stuff my head in his chest as he pulls the apple juice out the refrigerator

"Good morning baby" he says softly while wrapping his left arm around my body

Ever since I've been here consecutively he's been making us breakfast every morning we're together. No matter what's going on he always does it. We need our morning us time or according to everyone else we're grumpy and irritable.

But it's the only time we have before our lives cloud our minds.

"Jonah what do you wanna do for your birthday, at least tell me what you want....it's in 2 days." I let go of him wanting to see his reaction and I note how only one brow quirks up at my question

He moves to the other side of the island counter filling up at plate with food "Nothing." I groan with disapproval

"But your turning 24, you'll only be 24 once and-" He cuts me off

"A'nori" he slides the full plate to my side of the counter

"Hm?"

"Come sit and eat" he waits until I'm sat to start talking again and he spins my chair towards him "I don't need anything and I don't need you going overboard, okay?"

"Okay"

"Now what are your plans for today?"

*Flashback over*

He had to have known I wasn't going to listen to him and the minute I was out of his sight I was going to go overboard. That's clearly our entire dynamic. I have so many balloons, decorations and some presents. The plan was to stay as down to earth as possible but my love for him spills over into everything, I just have to go overboard. I tape all the decorations up and let all the balloons out the bags and I wrap up his gifts.

I tape the pictures I got printed of us to the floating balloons strings, I got the regular round balloons with air and helium covering downstairs and his room, I have his 'happy 24th birthday' balloons downstairs too. I have clear balloons, black balloons, silver balloons, star balloons, heart balloons and an arch of balloons at his doorway. I swear to god he's the only one that can ever get me this soft.

Now it's just time for me to make his cake using Claire's recipe.

2 hours later

I've had about 2 breakdowns in the last hour because the kitchen is a complete mess, everyone always say clean as you go but my mind just won't allow it. All the bowls, the flour, the sugar, the spoons and the pans, it's just enough. Now I have a huge mess to clean and I still have to ice the cake and I'm exhausted. I don't know why I thought I was a master baker all of a sudden. My phone rings and as I struggle to find it the call ends. I find it and I have one missed call from Jonah and he left a voicemail.