Chapter 2

Kang Seulgi

"P-pardon?" I hesitantly asked. Is she talking to me?

She seemed surprised by what she said, so she quickly changed her expression. She cleared her throat. "N-Nothing, you can take your seat."

I politely nodded before returning to my seat. On the other hand, something sounded familiar. I think I've heard that somewhere, but I don't remember when or where.

I just shook my head and chose to focus on the front. Ms. Bae stood up, holding index cards.

"I will randomly pick a card, once I pick out your index card, come here in front and introduce yourself. Also, answer why did you choose this course? Let's start."

Ms. Bae shuffled the index cards first before picking one. I'm not usually a nervous person, but I don't know why I'm feeling anxious.

Perhaps it's because she's our new professor and has high expectations. Or maybe it's because she has achieved a lot, making me nervous about making mistakes.

"Kim Yerim."

The person beside me stood up and went to the front. She smiled and waved at us. "Hello, classmates! I guess I don't need a long introduction since you already know me, so I'll keep it short."

"Hi! I am Kim Yerim, you can call me Yeri, and I just turned 20 years old last month. The reason why I chose this course is that I want to be a great singer and actress. I've had a passion for singing and making music for a long time, so I decided to take this course to improve my skills, learn more about music theory, and discover new vocal techniques."

"After all, it's better to have a diploma if you're going to apply for a job, right? So yeah, I chose this because it also has good benefits for my future, that's all, you already know my history. Thank you!" She said cheerfully before returning to her seat.

We applauded after she spoke. "Good point, Ms. Kim. Next, Ms. Yoo Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon confidently went to the front and bowed. "Hello everyone! I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, you can call me 'mine'." She joked, making us chuckle. She managed to slip that in.

She smirked. "Okay, so, I'm 21 years old, and the reason why I chose this course is because I want to shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, 'cause I'm beautiful like a diamond in the sky."

We laughed loudly. She's really good at humor, earning her the title of joker and prankster of our class.

Ms. Bae cleared her throat. "Be serious, Ms. Yoo, and class, be quiet."

We immediately fell silent. "The reason why I chose this course is because I want to be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust, I want to be your Ford Cortina, I will never rust."

"If you like your coffee hot, let me be your coffee pot, you call the shots, babe, I wanna be yours. Secrets that have held in my heart, are harder to hide than I thought, maybe I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours" She acted while speaking seriously.

We laughed again. She's quite a performer when she speaks while dancing. Quite entertaining.

"Okay, Ms. Yoo, enough of that, take your seat." Ms. Bae interrupted us.

She bowed again before returning to her seat. We clapped in amusement. She's very entertaining.

"Quiet! Next, let's move on to another one." Ms. Bae drew another index card. Almost an hour and thirty minutes have passed, but I haven't been called yet.

Almost everyone has been called, maybe I'm the last one. "Okay, there's only one left who hasn't been called. Please stand and go to the front—Ms. Kang Seulgi."

I stood up and went to the front, bowing. "Hello everyone, I am Kang Seulgi, 23 years old, and I can be your 'baby'." I said, winking, but since I'm not good at winking, both of my eyes winked.

The room filled with laughter. Someone cleared their throat behind me, so my classmates quickly hushed.

I smiled. "I chose the Music course even though some people say you won't gain much from it because you can study it even without taking it as your major. I want to be an instructor too, besides being a singer. If you want to teach music in schools, you need a college degree, so I took this course because I want to share my knowledge and experiences with my future students." I paused.

That is true. I really want to be a teacher someday. Just imagine, being one of the reasons why someone becomes successful.

"As you all know, I'm not stingy, so I want to share what I will learn during my studies, and I also want to share with you guys my failing grades if I ever get any. Because sharing is caring, therefore, I concluded that sharing my failed grades, hopefully I won't have any, will make our lives wonderful." I joked.

They laughed, and some said that's the only thing I shouldn't share.

"I'm 100% sure that in this field, I will grow as a person and as an artist, and I can showcase my talents and passion freely. That's why I chose this field." I concluded.

"Oh, by the way, before I end my talk, I want you guys to know that I'm single and ready to mingle. Hit me up with love, ladies! Not your mouth." I winked again, using both eyes, which caused laughter and teasing to fill the classroom.

"Quiet!" Ms. Bae exclaimed.

The bell rang just then, indicating that our class is over. "Next class, we will start the lesson, so be prepared, as there will be a quiz afterward. Class dismissed!"

I packed my things, it's already lunchtime, so I need to find my friends. What should I eat for lunch? Hmm...

I left our classroom when my phone beeped.

"How dare you flirt in front of me, love! Don't ever do that again, or I'll punish you and do something with your mistress!"

What the— who's this? As far as I know, I still don't have a partner.

___________

I forgot that I'm writing new story that's why I have not updated. 🙃😅

Forgive me hehe