Chapter 3

Kang Seulgi

"Bear, here!" Lisa shouted as she raised her hand to signal me to come over to their spot.

I smiled and approached them. "Have you already ordered?" I asked.

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, we've been waiting for you. What took you so long?"

"I was busy. So, what did you guys order?" I changed the topic.

They raised their eyebrows, but I quickly looked away. They knew that when I'm ready to share, I'll do it right away. They also understand that if I'm not ready, I'll change the subject and they won't pressure me to talk. That's what I love about them.

"You better tell us eventually, but no pressure, take your time, Dude," Jisoo said.

I nodded and took a seat. I sighed. Did I tell you? I have feelings for someone here. I've noticed her for a long time, but I haven't been able to approach her.

Ever since we transferred to this school, I've been seeing her—from the way she looks to the little things she does. Maybe it was crush at first sight for me; she's stunningly beautiful and kind.

She's quite popular here as well, and not because she's a bully, but because she's kind, helpful, respectful, and intelligent. She embodies everything I've been looking for in a girl, which is why I can't help but admire her.

For a year now, I've been placing flowers in her locker and secretly leaving her letters, but it seems like it hasn't been effective. I was planning to confess my feelings to her, but I guess I'm too late. She said yes to one of her suitors.

That's why I'm devastated. I should have confessed earlier; who knows, maybe she liked me too. I just couldn't help but feel sad because I really like her.

It affected my class with Ms. Bae earlier; I couldn't focus no matter how hard I tried. I kept thinking that it's a missed opportunity, that I should have taken action, but I still went to class feeling distracted. As a result, I got left behind by Ms. Bae.

"Are you okay?" Ms. Bae asked when we were the only ones left in the classroom. She left me behind because I wasn't paying attention in her class, which was true. My heart and mind were preoccupied with someone else.

I nodded. "Yes, Ma'am, I have a problem, but nothing I can't handle," I replied with a half-smile.

I couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes; there's something about them that makes me lose myself.

I was slightly surprised when she touched my hand on the table. "You can tell me anything; maybe I can help," her voice was soft and gentle, and it sounded wonderful to my ears.

"I'm okay, Ma'am. You don't need to worry about me. I apologize for my behavior earlier; I won't do it again. I'll stay focused. I'm sorry," I genuinely said.

I shouldn't be bringing my problems into the classroom; I should be listening. It's difficult to fail now; I might not graduate even though there's just one more year left. I might fail.

"Look at me," she softly said.

I was still looking down; like I said, I couldn't meet her eyes. There's something unusual that I feel whenever I look into them.

My eyes widened slightly when she gently held my chin and lifted it, making me look at her. "It's okay, you're forgiven. Just try to stay focused in my class, okay? And try not to think about other girls besides me, or I might spank them, Jagiya," she whispered the last sentence, so I didn't hear it clearly.

"Pardon, miss?" I asked. Her voice was soft towards the end.

She shook her head. "Nothing. You can go and have your lunch. If you need help, just come to my office; I'll be there waiting. I'll always wait for you, no matter what," she said, looking deeply into my eyes.

I felt my throat go dry, so I gulped and nodded. Is it just me, or was there a hidden meaning in her last statement?

I said goodbye and thanked her. I could still feel her gaze as I left the room. Maybe I shouldn't bring my problems into the classroom; I seem to be noticing everything.

So yeah, that's what happened earlier. Weird, right?

I shook my head and focused on eating. While I was busy eating, I felt someone sit beside me.

"Oh, Tzuyu! It's you. How are you?" Lisa greeted happily.

I gulped. I suddenly felt nervous; my long-time crush, the person I really like, and the one who broke my heart for saying yes to someone is sitting next to me now.

"I'm good. How about you guys? I missed you," she chuckled. Even her chuckle sounds soft and angelic. How can I not fall for her?

"It's okay. Why are you here, by the way?" Lisa answered.

From my peripheral vision, I saw her looking at me. Is there something on my face? Suddenly, I felt self-conscious.

"Hmm... Nothing. I just missed you, so I decided to sit at your spot. Hi, Seulgi!"

I stopped eating as she greeted me. I took a breath and turned to her. "H-Hey, Tzuyu! How are you?" I tried to make my voice sound confident, but I think I failed.

She laughed at me and lightly slapped my arm. "Why are you nervous? It's just me." She smirked.

Exactly, it's you! How can I not be nervous? I really like you. Even her smirk is beautiful; her beauty is infuriating.

"Who says I'm nervous? I'm not. You're just assuming things," I joked.

She playfully hit my arm again. She's hitting me quite often. She's either getting comfortable or she's already used to it. But I can't help it; she's the one I like, after all.

Our conversation was interrupted when someone cleared their throat. Wait, I know that voice.

She's behind me, so I can't see her. "S-Sure, Ms. You guys can sit here," Jisoo answered.

Even her perfume is familiar...

She took a seat beside me since there was an empty seat, while her friends sat next to their partners.

Yes, if your guess is correct, it's Jennie. Jennie sat next to Lisa, Rosé next to Jisoo, and Ms. Bae next to me.

I didn't know Ms. Bae was also part of Jennie's circle of friends.

"Baby, why didn't you wait for me? You said we'd eat together," Jennie pouted. She's trying to act cute!

"I'm sorry, baby. Jisoo invited us to eat right away. I'll make it up to you later, don't worry," Lisa answered and gave Jen a peck on the lips.

Jisoo was also being affectionate with Rosé.

I rolled my eyes. Alright, they all have partners! Okay, I get it!

"Seulgi, try this," Tzuyu said as she was about to feed me shrimp, but Ms. Bae beat her to it and fed me pork instead.

"She's allergic to that, Miss. That is the only thing she can eat," Ms. Bae explained.

My forehead creased. How did Ms. Bae know that I'm allergic to seafood?

I quickly faced her. "If you don't mind me asking, Ma'am, how did you know that I am allergic to seafood?"

I noticed her hesitation and slight nervousness. There's something she's hiding, and I need to find out what it is.