𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

splish, splash.

i dipped my hand into the pond, water sprinkling from my fingertips and back into the oversized puddle. not once in my life before had i ever thought i'd end up sitting in grass with the heavy weight of longing off my shoulders.

looking to my side, my eyes rested upon a dandelion, dancing in the wind. it shone in the sun, and glinted from the reflection of my own eyes. the sight of it alone made me wish i acknowledged nature a bit sooner, instead of focusing so lifelessly onto miserable things like work and tight schedules.

not that it was horrible, but to think i'd been doing such empty things that never satisfied me for all my life was disappointing.

suddenly, i heard footsteps. familiar brushes along the grass which lifted my heart to a light, quicker pace.

"taehyun," i could hear a voice soft as a cushion, and as sweet as honey call my name from behind me. i turned in an instant, resting my eyes upon a boy who's mere smile could light up the whole world brighter than seven suns. his soft laughter sounded like a melody from trinkling bells on a windy evening, gentle and soothing.

he reached his hand out for me to grab, which by instinct, i immediately took. he brought me to a familiar brick wall, infested with ivy leaves, bushes of hydrangeas and the grass full of daisies surrounded us. we both leaned against the wall, and began to talk.

we talked, talked and talked. we talked about what we would do the next day, the day after that, and the day after that too. we talked about what places in the world we wanted to see together, and we talked about our favourite animals and why we liked them. we talked about what flowers we found most beautiful, and laughed about memories we shared in the past.

if possible, i would talk to him until the world ended, i would keep talking to him until we lost our voices, and i would keep talking to him even if i were nearly dead.

we brought up times where i'd get scared of squirrels that ran by, or times i'd startle the boy next to me with a simple "boo". he would scream at the top of his lungs, and we'd both be holding onto one another in admist of our own laughter.

resting our backs against the old, red brick walls with green wrapping itself around it, our fingers intertwined as we conversed in meaningless, yet such meaningful things, it was all i could ever ask for.

"you know, kai." i began, making the noir-haired turn his head, his eyes gleaming with wonder. i couldn't help but blink with admiration for him, "i'm glad i met you."

not just that, words couldn't describe how thankful i was for destiny to bless me with meeting such a phenomenal, beautiful and carefree boy like him. i don't know what i'd be doing with my life at all, if i hadn't met him on that sunny day in april.

 i don't know what i'd be doing with my life at all, if i hadn't met him on that sunny day in april