𝒊𝒗

chapter four,
come, let me show you the wonders of wildlife.

monday morning, april fifth.
7:23 AM, 21st cen.

"what? why's your face look like that?" huening kai raised an eyebrow, "do i have something on my face?"

"...huening? you're part of the huening family?"

"um, yeah. i wouldn't say the, though. there's probably a bunch of huenings out there."

it then fell silent, while taehyun was completely blown off. he decided to go somewhere out of the city for one day, and look where the fuck he ended. he was in the woods, bleeding from his head, sitting in the literal nature across a boy who went missing five years ago in his own neighborhood.

"you seem surprised, am i like... famous, or whatever?" the boy joked, standing up and dusting himself off. taehyun stood up as well, causing the black-haired to jolt, "don't chase me again, please. i swear, i will literally scream."

"i won't, i won't. where have you been all this time?"

"all this time? excuse me, sir, i don't even know you."

"uh-huh, but the entire city knows you, and your family." the pink-haired crossed his arms, his eyebrows curving down a bit. huening kai blinked, trying to hide his gulp with awkward laughter, "...that's creepy. what'd my family do?"

"uhm, you sure you wanna know?"

"is it that bad?"

"yup."

the black-haired furrowed his brows, before beginning to walk, tilting his head as signal for taehyun to follow him, "just tell me while we walk, i have to do something back home."

"home...?" taehyun questioned, while kai chuckled, "i mean the deformed box you saw."

"oh, that thing."

the two continued to walk, and it was silent for a short bit, before the taller struck up a conversation. "can you tell me, now?"

"um, firstly, your dad's in jail." he spoke, while huening kai nearly choked on air, staring with wide eyes, "he what?"

"your dad, he got arrested, court stuff, blah blah, now he's sitting in a prison cell."

they continued to walk, while the noir-haired parted his lips to speak once more, "is that all?"

"do you have any siblings?"

"um, probably." he answered, his eyes looking to his top left, as if he were thinking, "uh, a sister, and a sister... did i have multiple sisters? i don't know."

"so, you remember having sisters."

"barely." he shrugged, biting his lip as he tried to recall. he didn't seem so bothered about his family, so taehyun wondered why he decided to run away. impulsive thoughts, maybe?