𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

chapter fourteen,
drifting in the rocking waves,
have i found you yet ?

friday afternoon, april ninth
5:53 PM, 21st cen

friday afternoon, april ninth5:53 PM, 21st cen

" the beach.

a place that gave me mixed feelings ever since he were young. what's so good about the beach?

moon jellies, starfish, crabs and seashells?
nah, not my thing.

i hated getting stung by jellyfish i couldn't even see, and stepping on sea urchins everywhere i went. i hated the beach, and the water i'd see was always as dusty as the top corners of my room.

but here i am, sitting under a tree and craving a trip to the sea. i don't even know why.

i miss taehyun. i have no idea where i got that from, but i just do. never would i have thought i'd be sitting alone, sulking, getting bored, and missing the beach. why am i even writing this? why am i even existing? did i feed the rabbits? i don't think so.

oops. "

huening kai sighed, throwing his head back and banging it against the apple tree he'd leaned against. he set his journal down, before slowly lowering his head to observe it.

thank god the journal had many pages, but despite so, it was nearly finished. he needed a new one.

but alas, he's a boy raised in the wild. not really, but you get it. he's nowhere near where he should be to buy a new journal, he doesn't have any money, and doesn't even have any shoes.

today was just not his day.

he stood up, walking over to behind his house, where he grew all sorts of things. fruits, vegetables, flowers, anything edible, at least. except the flowers. unless they were edible, he didn't really know. he had it jotted down in his journal, but he was too lazy to look.

he bent down, looking at his carrots. they looked nearly ready to be taken, or rather — harvested, but he figured he'd wait just a bit more. the rabbits hadn't arrived yet, either.

what else could he feed the rabbits, though?

again, he could check his journal. but he was too lazy to.

gosh, he was bored. if only dogs could be in forests, maybe he'd have a pal to play with. or cats, cats are pretty cute. kai wished taehyun could visit more, but he knew he had his own life, so he tried not to be selfish about it.

he bit down on his nails, pondering on what he should do next. it was quite humid, should he take a bath? no, he didn't feel like it.

watering the flowers in the meadow, that's it. it hasn't rained in a bit, which is quite concerning. he should go water them. hold on a second, water the whole meadow?