𝒊𝒙

chapter nine,
strawberries in a basket,
never as exquisite as you...
i mean, yours.

thursday morning, april eighth,
5:51 AM, 21st cen.

beomgyu woke up to the sun shining on his face through his window, yet, he had closed the curtains before sleeping

beomgyu woke up to the sun shining on his face through his window, yet, he had closed the curtains before sleeping. his eyes fluttered open, and he rubbed them quite gently, looking around for taehyun. the bed was neat, and it looked like the younger hadn't even been there at all. that was, until the brunette spotted a small note at his nightstand.

' beomgyu,

     sorry, i had to go clear things up with the others, and i couldn't wait any longer. i hope you're not too bothered, oh, and i made you breakfast. are scrambled eggs, rice and spam's alright? fingers crossed it is. :)

call me if you need anything, but i'll be busy for the next few hours, so i recommend you try somewhere in the afternoon, if that's okay.

~ taehyun. '

beomgyu felt like going insane at how taehyun made him breakfast, and how he even put a smiley face after informing him. he found it cute, no, not even, he found it absolutely adorable. the brunette sat up, fixing his bed and rushing to his dining table, and the food looked still warm, so he assumed that taehyun had just left a few minutes ago.

he sat down, before clasping his hands together and mumbling his gratitude, then grabbing his chopsticks and eating, and hell, it was amazing.

so, taehyun's the type to cook? beomgyu bit his cheek at the thought.

meanwhile, as the older was enjoying the food made for him, taehyun was over at jungwon's house. he shared the place with ni-ki, so the two tried to be as quiet as possible. they were talking about everything, about how taehyun got lost, about how he'd chased kai and eventually had to stay at his for a bit, how he felt so attached, and quite literally almost everything. if anything, jungwon was one of the people, or maybe the person he trusted most. he was like a younger brother to him, a younger brother he'd never had.

"wait, wait... hyung, wait." jungwon massaged his temples in a circular motion, squinting his eyes as he pressed his lips, spreading them apart so that it looked like there was just a line. "you're telling me, you chased some guy who was picking apples, got knocked out by him, brought to his house, and found out that same guy was huening kai, the son of the man who just got arrested less than two weeks ago?..."

"yeah. um, and..." taehyun was hesitant to repeat his feelings again, so he just shrugged, "i don't know."

"are you in love with him?" jungwon suddenly queried, making the pink-haired's eyes widen, and his jaw drop down in astonishment, "no, no way! what? i just met him, jungwon, seriously!" he protested, seeming like he was in absolute shock, which, he was. him? in love with a forest boy he barely even knew at all? that was stupid, that was just ludicrous.