𝒗𝒊𝒊

chapter seven,
daisies, spiders and my true feelings.

tuesday noon, april sixth.
12:36 PM, 21st cen.

the two boys sat under a tree, a large, wide tree which branches hung over them, looking quite twisted

the two boys sat under a tree, a large, wide tree which branches hung over them, looking quite twisted. almost like a pinus longaeva, in a way. the grass they were sitting on was accompanied by daisies nearly everywhere.

"would it be weird if i thanked you right now for being here?"

"kind of, because you're the one that put me here in the first place, when you could have just carried me back into the forest for my friends to find me."

"..right." huening kai scratched the back of his head with a vague look in his eyes, "either way, thanks for not throwing a huge tantrum and deciding to spend the day with me. i appreciate it."

"i'm not an idiot, of course i wouldn't, but you're welcome." taehyun breathed out, resting his head against the tree's trunk. "you're more sentimental than i thought, you know."

"sentimental... huh. back then, all people i knew would tell me i was bright, or whatever."

"you most definitely are, but looking at you, you seem to say a bunch of stuff with deep meaning." the shorter male explained, running his fingers through the front of his hair to brush out what was covering his own face, "you know, if you have something to say, just say it. you'll only see me for a bit, and since you probably won't talk to another human for a few more years, just tell me anything you'd like."

"that's... a bit hard."

"you've had it rough, haven't you?"

kai looked down, as if he were trying to recall the past, but already remembered. as if he were trying to reach for memories he once lived, but had them right in his palm. it was strange, and taehyun didn't want to push him to know business that clearly wasn't associated with his own. not to mention, he sucked entirely at comforting. sure, he could listen, but that was pretty much all he was limited to do.

but he also heard from others that listening is a big thing that could help, so if that was a lot for someone, then so be it. he didn't know the male next to him at all, really. well, he knew his full name, how he looked, and how his personality was so far, but not entirely. he didn't know his story, he didn't know how he really felt, he didn't even know if he lived a good life or not. he wanted to know just a bit more about him, if it was possible.

"um, you could say that." said kai, who seemed quite tentative to share. "i grew up in a weird place. people cared, but at the same time didn't care, you know? like... they care that i do things for them, and clean up messes they made, but when i wanted to talk about my day at school, they couldn't care less."

so he was some sort of slave? that was sort of expected from a guy living in a place with his eccentric, suspicious father.

"you're probably wondering about the deer thing earlier, i'm sorry about that."