Chapter 2

(Here comes the long ass chapter you all are waiting for 🤗)

" Around noon today, parts of a meteor shower fell on a house in Seoul  and destroyed it. We interviewed the victim,Kim Seokjin, the presenter for this news". The cameraman  of the tv channel pans his camera to Jin where he prepares to tell .

"A shiny object fell onto the roof of my house...And the ground shook, then..."
"It was crushed." he then continued,

" My house was destroyed." He sobbed quietly. After getting himself together , he continued giving  an explanation of his house being destroyed ."  Well, when it first made a hole on the roof... It didn't look so big. "
" Fortunately we were all outside. Perhaps, my late wife saved us..." he sobbed again , this time thinking about his late wife . His tears even got on the mic that the interviewer was holding.

The scene got cut to after he calmed himself down " I worked so hard to build that house. Now we don't have a place to go." He now faced his harsh reality, thinking how all the hard work he has done has been washed off by a single meteorite .

"  The meteorite that fell was only about 3 centimeters in diameter." A picture of the meteorite is shown while the presenter gives further information.
" The experts think that it was triggered by the meteorite... but the house collapsed because of negligence during the construction"

- At Kim's Restaurant -

It's currently night time and Temporary closed sign is seen on the entrance door of the restaurant .

" Hello, I'm sorry but we are closed today. Please call again next time." The worker of the restaurant has been answering the phone calls since 1 hour ago .

" Cheer up, Dad ." Yeonjun cheers his dad by pouring tea who's sitting miserable on the chair of the table .

" I worked hard everyday to get to this point." his dad complained .

" You can start again from this point." Yeonjun tried to raise his dad's spirits but both of them know it's not as easy as it sounds .

" How can I run a business like this?  I can't even rent an apartment. I've spent all my savings on that house. I understand if it was a fire or an accident. But a meteorite? My insurance doesn't even cover it. " He carefully picks up his tea cup and drinks it . " I'm totally out of luck."

" That's not true. You have luck." Yeonjun disagreed with what his dad said . " All of us could be dead now if the meteor fell after we went inside the house." Yeonjun thinks positively .

" Even if you survived but lost your arm, you wouldn't be able to work as a chef. If that happened, we would have to close this restaurant. Right? But we are here without a scratch. We should be grateful for that. We can't be luckier than this. We are extremely lucky, aren't we? " Yeonjun feels delighted that none of his dad nor his friends got hurt .

After Yeonjun finished talking , Jin was staring at him with sweetness in his eyes .

" What is it? " Yeonjun asked .

" I was thinking how much you resemble your mother." One of the things Yeonjun likes beside Soobin is , Yeonjun really likes it when someone tells him he takes after his mom a lot .

"  Your mother was also excessively optimistic." Jin chuckled.

Yeonjun's smile suddenly dropped as he did not like the word of his dad's choice " Excessively? Can you say it in a nicer way? " he whined.

" But what do you think is the probability of our house getting hit by a shooting star?" Yeonjun asked his dad.
" Why are you calling it a shooting star? " Jin asked curiously.