Chapter 16

Soobin's POV

"Hold on, I wanna go to the toilet," Soobin said as he handed his cola to Mingi, who simply nodded. Exiting the event room, Soobin easily located the nearby restroom. As he walked in to one of the stalls, did the lock , he overheard a conversation that piqued his interest.

"I really can't believe Hyunjin is gonna be making the move first," the person who came into the toilet stated .

"I know, right? Hyunjin believes that the couple who kisses on graduation day is going to be together forever," the second person replied, leaving out of the stall and washed his hands.

Soobin was still standing there carefully listening to the ongoing conversation.

"To be honest, I think Hyunjin and Yeonjun will really kiss tonight, and they will soon start dating after all. Hyunjin is going to confess on the stage in the next 30 minutes."

"Now that I think of it, Yeonjun followed Hyunjin after arguing with Soobin's class... so maybe they might be already kissing right now!" With that the two people rushed out of the toilet to the hallway.

Soobin's mind raced with the unexpected information. Confused and unsettled, he grappled with the implications.

"No, they can't be," Soobin thought to himself, his mind spiraling. As the pieces connected, he couldn't ignore the swirling emotions within him.

"No, they can't be," he repeated, unaware that his heart had sunk into his stomach. The thoughts turned frantic.

"Yes, like a brother. Jun is like a brother. If he gets into trouble or something bad happens to him, I will be doomed. Besides, Jun doesn't like Hyunjin, so what if Hyunjin forced himself on Jun?"

Soobin hastily shook his hands, opened the lock , and swiftly walk out of the toilet , his mind determined to intervene before anything could happened . Soobin sprinted towards the hall where Hyunjin and Yeonjun had disappeared, only to be confronted with a sight he hadn't anticipated and the two person secretly looking at them .

Soobin saw Hyunjin slowly leaning
towards Yeonjun and without thinking much he quickly stepped forward, marching towards them with a clenched jaw.

"Choi Soobin!!"

Without a second thought, Yeonjun extricated himself from Hyunjin's grasp, swiftly retreating into the event room without sparing Soobin a glance.

Soobin, locking eyes with Hyunjin as he observed Yeonjun's departure, found the other leaning against the wall, smirking. "What is it, Mr. Genius? Did you come here to find out what's going on between Yeonjun and me? Are you jealous?" Hyunjin arched an eyebrow.

"Hey, why don't you say anything?" Hyunjin shouted, frustrated by Soobin's lack of reaction.

"While you're in the university slacking off, I will become big by doing something you can't do. I made that promise with Yeonjun," Hyunjin declared seriously, his gaze unwavering.

Soobin clapped his hands, walking towards Hyunjin with a smile. "It would be cool if someone who could go to college says that," he remarked. However, the smile vanished as he added, "But if someone who couldn't get accepted says it... it only sounds like sour grapes."

"That's not the only thing I promised Yeonjun. Tonight, Yeonjun and I are going to kiss," Hyunjin retorted with his head held high.

"You should only dream when you're sleeping," Soobin smirked, about to leave until Hyunjin dropped a bombshell.

"I don't know about that. Yeonjun is the one who asked me to have a fantastic graduation day. At the end of high school, he finally... realized who cares about him the most. It's too late to be jealous, Mr. Genius."