Chapter 5

( credit to the artist of the above fanart )

Then, a voice, unfamiliar in its firmness, sliced through the room. "Kim Yeonjun." All eyes turned to the doorway, including Yeonjun's.

"Choi Soobin?!" The exclamation burst forth from everyone's lips, a mixture of surprise and confusion. The presence of the top student from A class in the midst of the Class F students was indeed a rare occurrence. Yet, the underlying intrigue was unmistakable—what was Soobin doing here, and what did he want?

Of course, the complexities of the relationship between Yeonjun and Soobin were unknown to their peers, leaving room for speculation.

"How dare you call out to Junnie—!" Hyunjin's indignation was palpable as he bristled at Soobin's sudden appearance, an instinctive defense of his friend.

But before further arguments could erupt, Soobin's purpose became clear. His voice, both determined and composed, cut through the commotion. "Kim Yeonjun, can you come with me with your bag?" It was a simple request, yet it carried an air of seriousness that silenced the room, the abruptness leaving everyone's curiosity ablaze.

"Yes," Yeonjun responded in a subdued tone, his actions automatic as he collected his bag and rose from his seat, following Soobin's lead. The atmosphere in the room crackled with intrigue, gazes trailing after the departing figures.

"With your bag? Why?" Hyunjin echoed the question that hung on everyone's minds, his voice filled with puzzlement as he watched Yeonjun exit the classroom.

In the wake of their departure, an undercurrent of whispers and speculation flowed through the remaining students. The possibilities were endless, with even wild theories surfacing— " had Soobin changed his mind? Was he now in a relationship with Yeonjun?!"  Kai's vivid imagination took flight, his eyes sparkling as he spoke, while others were left in speechless contemplation.

"What? Seriously? It can't be!" Hyunjin's exclamation reverberated through the classroom as he hastily rose, determined to uncover the truth behind this unexpected rendezvous. Beomgyu and Kai, sensing the gravity of the situation, followed his lead.

Using minuscule leaves as if they could shield them from sight, the trio playfully veiled their faces. Eventually, they hid behind the bulk of a towering tree as they observed Yeonjun halting Soobin .

Yeonjun and Soobin stood beneath the sturdy tree. "Wait"  As Yeonjun's fingers grasped Soobin's sleeve, a pause settled over them, the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air. Soobin's gaze descended to the point of contact .

"Why did you come and find me ?" Yeonjun's voice held a mixture of curiosity and confusion as he gazed intently at Soobin, his fingers relinquishing their grip on the fabric of Soobin's sleeve.

Soobin, a picture of focused determination, rifled through his bag, seeking the object he intended to retrieve. With a sigh of revelation, he extracted a pastel blue lunchbox, extending it toward Yeonjun. " Our lunch box was switched "

"You were right," Yeonjun acknowledged, his own actions mirroring Soobin as he took out a red lunchbox from his bag .

"Given how our classmates tend to react, a simple exchange could trigger a rumor," Soobin commented, unfurling the opening of his bag to change back the lunch boxes.

Beomgyu, positioned at the forefront of the trio's covert observation, couldn't contain his excitement. His voice carried the news unfolding in front of him while pointing at them , "Look, they just exchanged something!"

"Geez, it's such an inconvenience. It's so confusing because we go to the same school," Soobin retorted, his tone edged with exasperation.

Yeonjun's patience seemed to be wearing thin. "Really, Soobin? We're talking about a lunchbox mix-up here," he replied, a hint of irritation seeping into his voice.