Chapter 17

[ okay Soobin can you look to the camera , and stop mesmerizing Yeonjun 😭 ]

I've been feeling shy since that day. My mind keeps wondering about that day and I often dream about the moment. But after that night, nothing has changed from the past. The relationship between Soobin and I hasn't made any progress and.....the short spring break is now over. Starting today, we have officially become college students

- At Seoul College -

"So, Soobin, hey," Yeonjun called out as he caught up to Soobin.

"Yeah?" Soobin turned, his expression curious.

"I, uh, got a bit lost in thought and ended up trailing you. Are you headed to the science and engineering department?" Yeonjun gestured toward the signboard at the entrance.

Soobin raised an eyebrow, realizing Yeonjun was from the literature department. "You zoned out and followed me? Well, you should go to your department building, I'm off to my building. Bye ."

Yeonjun gave a cute wave. "Bye!"

And with that, Soobin headed into his building, leaving Yeonjun to make his way to the literature department.

"So, you are basically on a Soobin spying mission at the science and engineering department?" Beomgyu teased, eyeing Yeonjun who was shamelessly staring at the entrance gate of Soobin's department building.

"Haven't made any progress since high school, huh, Yeonjun?" Huening Kai chimed in, also trying to discreetly observe the folks from the science and engineering department.

"Hmm... But, look, I see only guys there. So, no need to worry about girls swooning over him. Just fret about other dudes, Yeonjun. That's a solid 50% safe zone!" Huening Kai exclaimed, waving his hands animatedly.

Yeonjun, still in his observation mode, hardly responded. "Yeonjun, check out that girl!" Beomgyu urgently tapped Yeonjun's shoulder, pointing toward the entrance. The three of them turned their attention to witness a stunning girl with a captivating appearance and elegant brown wavy hair standing tall.

"Who's that gorgeous girl?" Beomgyu stuttered.

"Wow, she's like a sparkling gem in this sea of guys on campus." Huening Kai couldn't help but scan the crowd around her, until a familiar figure appeared.

"Soobin! Have you picked your elective course?" The girl asked as she saw Soobin coming out of the building . They started descending the stairs together, chatting away.

"No, not yet."

"What should I choose?"

Just as Soobin was about to respond, someone abruptly stepped in front of them.

"Whoa!" Yeonjun exclaimed. He glanced back. "What? Beomgyu! Huening Kai!" It turned out the two had pushed Yeonjun forward.

"Do you need something?" Soobin inquired, looking slightly confused .

Caught in an awkward situation, Yeonjun tried to play it cool. "I was just wondering what kind of desks they have in the science and engineering department."

Smooth, Yeonjun, real smooth,he scolded himself for the nonsense.

The girl beside Soobin, sensing something, asked, "Is he your friend?"

Yeonjun patiently awaited Soobin's response, hoping for a glimmer of acknowledgment.

Soobin hesitated, then chuckled, "No way. We're heading out now." With that, Soobin and the girl strolled away, leaving Yeonjun dumbfounded.