Chapter 12

Mrs. Choi was feeling worried as the clock ticked away, "Soobin is late. Don't tell me he isn't going to take the tests." She poured a cup of coffee for Mr. Choi . The morning of the exam day, with everyone else gathered around the breakfast table except Soobin.

Mr. Choi tried to soothe her concerns, saying, "Don't worry. He knows how you feel about this. But he can be stubborn sometimes."

Unexpectedly, Soobin suddenly came to  the dining room, catching everyone by surprise. His presence was met with surprised looks.

Soobin asked in confusion, "What's going on?"

"Good morning, Soobin! What a pleasant morning!" Mrs. Choi and the rest of the family warmly greeted him, relieved that he was indeed  taking the exam.

Mrs. Choi handed Soobin his lunchbox, saying, "Here's your lunch."

"Thanks," Soobin replied, placing the lunchbox in his bag but then started coughing lightly.

Concerned, Mrs. Choi touched his forehead and asked, "What's wrong, Soobin?"

Soobin responded, "I'm feeling a bit warm. I might have caught a cold." His words sent everyone into a panic.

"On an important day like this?!!!! That's not good. We need some baesuk," Mrs. Choi exclaimed as she rushed back to the kitchen.

Mr. Choi suggested, "No, leeks work better for a sore throat." He gestured to Jin, and both of them hurriedly got up from their seats to search for leeks.

Meanwhile, Soobin scanned the dining room, finding Yeonjun and Soohyun searching for medicine in the cabinet, muttering, "Medicine, medicine, medicine..."

Soobin said, " That's okay. I'm going now," just as Mrs. Choi was about to offer him a tea cup.

"Huh? What about breakfast?" Mrs. Choi inquired.

Soobin glanced at the dining table, grabbing a piece of bread. "I am not hungry that much . This is enough."

"What?!" Mrs. Choi grew more concerned, seeing her son take just a small piece of bread.

"Soo­bin! Soobin!" Yeonjun called out, drawing everyone's attention.

"Take this medicine. It works great." Yeonjun handed him a pill and a glass of water, which Soobin took and drank.

"Now I'm relieved," Mrs. Choi exhaled, sinking into the nearest chair.

Returning the glass to Yeonjun, Soobin asked, "I didn't ask, but... this doesn't make me drowsy, does it?"

Yeonjun, with widened eyes, quickly checked the medicine bottle and slowly read aloud, "'Do not drive after taking this medication.'"

Panic spread as everyone feared Soobin might become drowsy during the exam.

"Throw up, Soobin! Throw up!" Mr. Choi shouted urgently to his son.

"Bin, I'll hold him. Put your finger in his mouth!" Jin swiftly moved behind Soobin, trying to assist.

"Soohyun, bring a basin! Hurry!" Mrs. Choi urgently directed her son, while Yeonjun and Soohyun rushed over with large plastic bowls.

"That's enough!!! I'm leaving now " Soobin, sensing the chaos and feeling his frustration raising, decided to leave without a second glance, leaving everyone frozen in their places.

Later that evening, anxiety hung heavy in the living room as everyone awaited Soobin's return. The exam had finished an hour ago, and with Soobin feeling unwell earlier, their worry heightened.