4. blue

(continued from billie's pov)

"that was good, yeah?" i smile, looking into her pretty eyes.

"i mean," she raises her eyebrows sarcastically, still catching her breath. "yes, fuck. i can't believe that just happened."

"sober this time." i laugh, rubbing her back as she lays against my chest. "so ridiculous question..." she props her head up to listen. "what's your name?" i laugh awkwardly.

"oh, god you don't remember, that's right. i'm sorry, it's star." she smiles, sitting up in my lap.

"oh shit, right! i remember." i exclaim, smiling back. "do you... know mine?"

i honestly hope not.

"i swear i did," she pauses for a sec. "damn, no i don't. i'm so sorry."

"no, no it's okay, i obviously didn't remember yours either. it's just b."

"b? like the letter?"
i nod.

"is that short for something, or..." she squints.

"uh," i sigh. i don't think she knows who i am, her behavior would've been totally different. it's probably fine. right? "billie. it's short for billie, like with an -ie at the end."

i watch her reaction very carefully.

"billie, huh? i like that name. why didn't you tell me that to begin with?" she tilts her head.

"well is star your real name?" i deflect. come on, who's name is actually star?

"middle name." she rolls her eyes.

"really?" i smile. "it's cute. i mean it's beautiful, it's a nice name." i stutter. "soooo when do i get to know your actual name?"

"you mean my first name that nobody calls me except my mom?" she raises her eyebrows. "slow down on that."

"okay so i've literally been inside you but i don't get to know—" i start, but she puts a finger to my mouth.

understood.

i just look her up and down, shaking my head. "well, i can't figure you out, star."

"what is it that you're trying to figure out?" she holds onto my shoulders and starts to push herself up. "besides my first name." she eyes me as i grab her waist and help lift her back into the passenger seat.

she pushes the seat back and curls up on her side, facing me. "go ahead, ask me."

"what brought you to new york?" i ask, turning to face her.

"i grew up there. i was visiting my mom and my friends that are home from school."

"you go to school too, i'm assuming? is that why you're in LA?"

she nods. "basically. i've been taking cosmetology courses at MVA in north hollywood, and i have an apprenticeship with a hair stylist here."

"so that's why your hair is so damn soft." i laugh, reaching over to brush it away from her face.

"yeah, i guess so." she laughs with me. her smile is soooo...

"so what's your end goal with it? become a hair stylist?"

"hair and makeup. a celebrity stylist, specifically. i could start with tv makeup, yknow like on sets and stuff, until i eventually meet someone i click with who's hiring full time."

"so like, an actress?"

"anyone with connections." she grins hopefully.

i nod slowly. "noted. so do you live here full
time then?"