11. echoes and static

star's pov
9:15 am

"you have class early or something?" liv peers into my bedroom door, noticing me standing in the mirror.

"no, i'm just going to get coffee first." i try not to act any different, because i know she's gonna freak if i tell her it's with him. "can you help me decide what to wear? i don't know why it's so fucking difficult today."

"sure," she steps in, looking at the clothes laid out on my bed. "this is so cute and comfy. with the converse?"

god damnit, now i can't even look at my favorite sneakers without thinking about her

"that's what i was thinking about going with. i didn't wanna look like i'm trying too hard."

"what? trying too hard for who? you always dress up all cute for the day." liv squints at me.

i sigh. "i'm meeting someone."

"ooooh, it better be that girl that was here the other night so i can stalk you."

i force a laugh. "unfortunately not. i'm actually... meeting kj."

"you're what?" her jaw drops. "right now? this morning?"

"yes, i know. it's not a big deal." i shake my head, starting to get dressed.

"star, you're going on a date with the infamous ex. i have to meet him."

"it's not a date." i roll my eyes, pulling my socks on.

"does he know that?" she tilts her head, catching the shirt i toss to her to put in my laundry hamper.

"yes, obviously. he said he just wants to see me and say some things." i air quote, shaking my head. "whatever that means."

"hopefully an apology!" she exclaims, taking a seat on my bed. "maybe he's grown up a little."

"it'd take a lot of growing up for someone like him to apologize." i sit down next to her, tying my shoe.

"its been years, right?"

i shoot her a look.

"i'm not defending him! i don't know him, but i know about him. i'm just reminding you to be open minded." she shrugs.

"i always am." i stand up, fixing my hair in the mirror before grabbing my purse. "i'll see you after my 11 am, okay?"

"good luck," she nods as i grab my keys and head toward the door. "tell me how it goes!"

"will do!"

billie's pov
10:25 am

"thank you so much, i'll let finneas know asap." i step out of my car. "okay, see you soon. bye." i hang up the phone, putting it in my bag.

i'm about to walk into a meeting when of course, a group of girls approaches me.

"billie! oh my god, this is crazy." one of the girls cheers.